New Shooting Drills

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

New Shooting Drills

Post by JimT »

Dicken Drill:
Start on beep. Draw from concealment. Fire 10 rounds on standard silhouette at 40 yards. Par time 15 seconds. Go = 8 hits on target

Wilson Drill:
Start on beep. Draw from concealment. Fire 1 round to the head box on standard silhouette at 10 yards. Par time 3 seconds. Go = hit on target

Uvalde drill:
Start on beep. Sanitize hands. Check phone. Wait 70 minutes. Eat lunch.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Shooting Drills

Post by CowboyTutt »

The tragedy of what the police did there just takes my breath away. It was just a perfect storm all the way from start to finish with the parents on down, but normally, the last defense of the police or someone armed saves the day. The conduct of the police was just shameful beyond all belief. -T-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ouch.

Saw a meme comparing the Ulvade response to the young man at the Greenwood Mall. Wasn't complimentary at all...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sapirman drill:
Start in bathroom where you longer for an hour, doing God-knows- what to 'warm up', then exit bathroom with semiautomatic rifle in-hand. Shoot first target one foot away. Within fifteen seconds, shoot twenty more rounds in room with targets scattered every few feet, manage to hit two, graze one, and miss seventeen.
Then get shot eight times and die.

IMPROVED Sapirman drill:
Start in bathroom where you longer for an hour, doing God-knows- what to 'warm up', then . . . GET shot eight times and die.

Even BETTER Improved Sapirman drill:
Stay home and die.

Sorry if it makes me seem unempathetic to the feel-bads of a violent killer, but they have no place in society.

If 'counseling' can prevent the whole mess, I'm all for it, but I've never seen anything to convince me it helps those bent on violent killing of random innocent people.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Surely in a department the size of Uvalde's there has to be some good men. I wonder how many of them have quit? I couldn't work for the sort of excuse of a human being their commander is.

I like those drills Jim. It's quite common to see some fool post how there's no way you'd ever need to shoot in self defense beyond 10 yards, let alone 40. They're kinda quiet lately!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

....or that you don't need more than ten rounds... :roll:

I'm a decent shot but I'll bet I'd have had to shoot twenty rounds (or more) at that range to make the eighth, and likely necessary, lethal hit.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "