Had a couple trips to the range w/ the Swede, .35Rem

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Had a couple trips to the range w/ the Swede, .35Rem

Post by 2ndovc »

If anyone is interested.

First trip out with the 9x49 / .35 Remington was disappointing, until I found that the old Redfield was the issue. Looked through my stuff and came up an old Weaver K3 that my grandfather gave me decades ago. Looked to me as the perfect combination.

I'd gone to the range Monday morning, but forgot the one box of ammo I really wanted to try. Left the Leverlution sitting on my desk! :shock:
I did shoot some 204 gr RNGC / IMR4198 loads that the Marlin I had shot so well.

Back out this morning with the 200 gr LVLs and was pleased with the results.
I'd picked up a box of the 200 Flex Tip bullets and a pound of the Leverlution powder, so the plan is
to see if I can improve on the factory ammunition. The Swedish action works much better with the pointed bullets.
Right hand target was sighting in and the left is about where I want to be. I'll move it back to 100 yds next trip and see how it does.

Took along the Ruger Old army for some fun. Picked up a .45 ACP conversion for it and wanted to try it out. That was fun!
The 230 gr FMJ / 4gr Bullseye shot about 5" low, but expected that. Now I'll have to get one in .45 Colt as well. Still haven't shot it with black power. Wasn't going to have time this morning. I was supposed to be working. :D
Point of aim for the lower group was just below the red outside line. Shooting @ 15yds, one handed.
Went back to the 50 yd line to shoot at the gong and missed six in a row. That couldn't be right...
Forgot to tighten the loading lever screw. Duh! Next six had it singing and swinging.
I have a Belt Mountain ROA set on the way.

It was a beautiful morning here in Northern Ohio, couldn't waste it sitting in my office. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Had a couple trips to the range w/ the Swede, .35Rem

Post by Dusty Texian »

Classy rifle , think your right the K3 is a perfect scope for that one .
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

That rifle is just perfect. Never seen one before.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Nath wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:53 pm That rifle is just perfect. Never seen one before.
Our very own, Bill in Oregon, put a link to the rife in the classifieds a couple months ago. An all custom rifle that the guy it was made for backed out of the deal. The 14" LOP is almost long enough for this knuckle dragger. :D

I bought this Nagant 45-70 single shot from him as well. He used a Ruger #1 barrel and it's a super shooter.
He's been working on an Enfield P-14 custom for me now. Just got the Green Mtn. Heavy barrel in and going to chamber it in .303 British. That's a few months out yet, but looking forward to it. :D

jb 8)

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)

I have a .45 Colt conversion for my ROA. Didn't know they made one for the .45 ACP!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

2ndovc wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:13 pm
Nath wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:53 pm That rifle is just perfect. Never seen one before.
Our very own, Bill in Oregon, put a link to the rife in the classifieds a couple months ago. An all custom rifle that the guy it was made for backed out of the deal. The 14" LOP is almost long enough for this knuckle dragger. :D

I bought this Nagant 45-70 single shot from him as well. He used a Ruger #1 barrel and it's a super shooter.
He's been working on an Enfield P-14 custom for me now. Just got the Green Mtn. Heavy barrel in and going to chamber it in .303 British. That's a few months out yet, but looking forward to it. :D

jb 8)
Superb 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:20 pm Very cool! 8)

I have a .45 Colt conversion for my ROA. Didn't know they made one for the .45 ACP!

Thanks Nath!

Jay,
I hadn't seen one before either, but was looking through the BP stuff on Midway's site and stumbled across it. Thought is sounded like fun. I was right! :D This one was made by Howell, took a tiny bit of fitting to get it work properly but it seems to be a nicely made piece. Planning on ordering one in .45 Colt from Kirst soon.

jb 8)

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:24 am
Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:20 pm Very cool! 8)

Thanks Nath!

Jay,
I hadn't seen one before either, but was looking through the BP stuff on Midway's site and stumbled across it. Thought is sounded like fun. I was right! :D This one was made by Howell, took a tiny bit of fitting to get it work properly but it seems to be a nicely made piece. Planning on ordering one in .45 Colt from Kirst soon.

jb 8)
Jason -

I have a bunch of Howell conversion cylinders. I guess I've been lucky; no fitting needed with any of mine. I like them!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That Swede is giving you some nice round groups, Jason. Would like to see what she can do with a fully dialed-in handload. 8)
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:26 am That Swede is giving you some nice round groups, Jason. Would like to see what she can do with a fully dialed-in handload. 8)

I'm hoping to get back out there by the end of the week. I really like this rifle, it's light and carries really well. I've found a couple of places to go boar hunting in southern OH. I think the .35 Rem would be just about perfect for it.

Thanks again for hooking me up with Tom!

jb 8)