"As You Get Older..."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"As You Get Older..."

Post by Old No7 »

No so sure about the last one, but it could come in handy for coyote hunting... :wink:

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
As You Get Older....jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: "As You Get Older..."

Post by AJMD429 »

I really wish I had a good thermal scope.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:30 pm .
ME TOO!!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

As I have gotten older I am too old to fight much, cant run far at all. but My Browning Auto 5's and a whole bunch of buckshot gives Me some security. things have changed a lot and not for the better.
And I could use some night vision too.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yep, too old to fight or run. But a 1911 in a cross draw OWB make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

As you get older .... for me = Teaching the children and grandchildren what they need to learn while I'm still here , is more important than anything else .
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Old No7 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:45 pm No so sure about the last one, but it could come in handy for coyote hunting... :wink:

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
As You Get Older....jpg
can't argue with that logic.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:49 am Yep, too old to fight or run. But a 1911 in a cross draw OWB make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
If you can lift your arm you are never too old to fight. :)
I am sure you have read of Plains Indians who when they were old, staked themselves out for one last chance with their enemies. I love the scene in Saving Private Ryan where Tom Hanks is shot and dying and takes on a German tank with his 1911. It ain't much against a tank but he ain't just laying there.

I am with you on the 1911!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A 1911 that you know for certain is accurate and reliable is certainly a comforting weight when you are worried that things are going to get hairy at at any second. Sure, some people think it is not accurate or that it kicks too hard, but I have taught two teenage girls to shoot one. Both girls could put all 8 shots (Chip McCormick magazines) in the bullseye of an F. I. B. Torso target at 15 yards within the third magazine. By the second trip to the range, they could do it at 25 yards. Sure! The 1911 is inaccurate and kicks too hard. Sure! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some night vision devices might be a realistic need within 2 years.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish I could afford a thermal other than woollens!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

It’s not a thermal but works well out to 200 yards with the higher power IR light.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

1894cfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:17 pm
AJMD429 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:30 pm .
ME TOO!!
Me three!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dusty Texian wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:57 am As you get older .... for me = Teaching the children and grandchildren what they need to learn while I'm still here , is more important than anything else .
Yep.

My dad died before I was in first grade but my mom did a terrific job and stayed around till I was in my 40s. It sure would have been nice to have a mentor in terms of "guy stuff" though.

Even when you raise your kids right though, there is just a lot of stuff they don't have time to prioritize or the life experiences to realize are important.

I see the younger generation get totally upset and freak out about stupid material stuff that doesn't mean a thing in the big scheme of life. I think that's getting worse because of social media, where everybody compares themselves with others, and the things that are most visible on social media are superficial material things. Somebody who lives in a one-room cabin without indoor plumbing or electricity can have a far more meaningful and successful life in terms of making the world a better place and helping other people, than someone with multiple college degrees and a big fancy house and car and boat.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:08 pm
Dusty Texian wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:57 am As you get older .... for me = Teaching the children and grandchildren what they need to learn while I'm still here , is more important than anything else .
Yep.

My dad died before I was in first grade but my mom did a terrific job and stayed around till I was in my 40s. It sure would have been nice to have a mentor in terms of "guy stuff" though.

Even when you raise your kids right though, there is just a lot of stuff they don't have time to prioritize or the life experiences to realize are important.

I see the younger generation get totally upset and freak out about stupid material stuff that doesn't mean a thing in the big scheme of life. I think that's getting worse because of social media, where everybody compares themselves with others, and the things that are most visible on social media are superficial material things. Somebody who lives in a one-room cabin without indoor plumbing or electricity can't have a far more meaningful and successful life in terms of making the world a better place and helping other people, then someone with multiple college degrees and a big fancy house and car and boat.
Last edited by Dusty Texian on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

JimT wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:06 am
jeepnik wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:49 am Yep, too old to fight or run. But a 1911 in a cross draw OWB make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
If you can lift your arm you are never too old to fight. :)
I am sure you have read of Plains Indians who when they were old, staked themselves out for one last chance with their enemies. I love the scene in Saving Private Ryan where Tom Hanks is shot and dying and takes on a German tank with his 1911. It ain't much against a tank but he ain't just laying there.

I am with you on the 1911!!
I’m here today because of a 1911. Not as dramatic as a tank. But I didn’t die either.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:43 pm I’m here today because of a 1911. Not as dramatic as a tank. But I didn’t die either.
Me too, but I give more credit to Bruce Nelson who graciously and tirelessly worked with me in the desert outside of Phoenix to teach me what a man can do with a 1911. Rest in Peace my friend.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I'll add and say as you get older, you become less apt to tolerate or be with people you really do not like.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Ray Newman wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:25 pm I'll add and say as you get older, you become less apt to tolerate or be with people you really do not like.
Truer words were never said. My tolerance for some folks is ZERO!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It happens. I think it is nature's way of keeping us from committing murder. There are some people who would get us in trouble because they are such jerks that as we get older we might murder them if we don't start avoiding them. Working retail is not a way to avoid the people who need to be killed. Stress!!!
Or, you can just let it go.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost