rossi likes 44 special, not the bullet noses so much

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

rossi likes 44 special, not the bullet noses so much

Post by mickbr »

Running some of my 44 special dummy rounds through the rossi for the first time, it functioned them as fast as I could work the lever. Was quite happy until I examined the bullets . Sure put some dents in the noses, significant bevel on most of the 200 grain gold dots, one almost collapsed the side of the hollowpoint. Even couple of the pointy 180xtp's got a little damage on a couple.

I got spoiled being able to load the widest and softest 38 special hollowpoints in my 357. Issue with the 44 is when its lifted into the chamber. Basic guess, with the short cartridge on the lifter the steep angle is ramming the noses as it chambers? Single loading is smooth. Is this something more likely with the geometry of 44 vs 357?