Roe vs Wade: Life gets some support finally!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Roe vs Wade: Life gets some support finally!

Post by CowboyTutt »

Well, I'm surprised no one else has posted it already and you would have to be dead to not heard the news already, but Roe vs Wade was finally over-turned and abortion laws returned to the states. Justice Alito was very concise in his majority opinion, and his rebuttal to the 3 dissenting liberal justices who didn't have a legal leg to stand on, and they knew it.

I appreciate his history lesson on abortion in this country as I did not know that it was previously considered a crime.

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my lifetime just occurred. I am so grateful to our justices to sticking to their guns while "surprise!" Roberts was again a disappointment.

Grateful to God for this decision, although it will only change things minimally and women H*ll bent on murdering their babies after failing to use contraception, the "morning after pill" or a simple pregnancy test can still go to another state to kill their baby.

But still grateful that the unborn finally got some support. Praise God!

-Tutt
Last edited by CowboyTutt on Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Roe vs Wade: Life gets some support finally!

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Roe was a poor decision where the Court made up a "right" out of thin air.

I'm happy to see this decision because I think the words in the Constitution ought to mean something.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Ginsburg herself thought it was judicial over-reach but you won't hear that in the mainstream news.

https://www.law.uchicago.edu/news/justi ... hool-visit

Thanks Scott!

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

As proper as the Roe and the 2A decisions are, these will be Bidens onus to pack the Supreme Court and you can bet they will alter these decisions.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

While the proper thing to do would have been to get laws written and passed instead of having a 9 men just make up a right out of some nebulous connection to privacy, it wasn't done that way. The Supreme Court reverses earlier decisions about 1.1 times per year. My math is a bit fuzzy there, so go ahead and give a more accurate number if you have it, but no decision is ever enshrined in stone until it has passed the test of time and review by an entirely new group with different education and viewpoints.
Now it is up to the individual states, or the Congress to pass laws on this subject. Texas has already indicated that abortions will be illegal here.
I already am required to refuse prescriptions for certain medications if the proper diagnosis code is not on there somewhere. Some common enough medicines can be used to terminate a pregnancy in addition to the other things they do. There is a type of code called ICD 10 that has letters and numbers which may be rather general such as stating that the patient is type 2 diabetic, or more numbers after a period which tells type 2 diabetic with insulin dependence and neuropathy. These codes are used on all insurance claims by a Doctor's office. Adding them to the prescription is a simple matter. Electronic prescriptions are easy to put it on. So, little or no change at all for my job. The example of what an ICD 10 code can tell was simply for clarification.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'm pleased that the SCOTUS came to this decision, and not surprised at all by the dissenters on the court who voted against it without any Constitutional basis to do so.
What tickles me most is the expected outcry from women, and pro abortion activists who now are making all sorts of outlandish claims about doctors and women being locked up in the future. I'm still puzzled with the advancements in birth control, for both women and men, that there are those out there still having "accidental" pregnancies and turning to abortion? Considering the extremely low cost to avoid pregnancy vs. the high cost of abortion, it's crazy. Maybe now US taxpayers wont be funding Planned Parenthood anymore? They've got to be really worried about this decision!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I am grateful that the supremes finally got Federal America out of the murder-for-hire business, at least in this venue. The "right" to murder babies ought not be in the Federal Code, and it is a shame that murder for hire was ever enshrined in the Federal Register.

That court needs to apply the same logic and reason to the obscene "health-care-murder-for-hire" fake vaccine conspiracy against Americans.

NOT ONE "report" HAS ADMITTED THAT "abortion" IS MURDER. NOT ONE!

THE "news" IS FULL OF TEARFUL WOMEN MOURNING THE "loss" of THE "right-to-murder-babies".

Glory to God in the Highest

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Our federal government will never be out of the baby murder business until we stop funding Planned Parenthood with our tax dollars. I know that this is technically the law right now.....but the money keeps flowing.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:13 pm Our federal government will never be out of the baby murder business until we stop funding Planned Parenthood with our tax dollars. I know that this is technically the law right now.....but the money keeps flowing.
we can hope that someone has the stuff to take this to the court and see if they mean what they say.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I understand that sexual assaults happen, but I guess I just don't feel like a woman should have sex unless she's willing to have a baby, and I feel the same way about men; if you're not willing to be the father of a child then keep your pants on. There are plenty of other fun things to do that don't result in pregnancy.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

wvfarrier wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:36 am As proper as the Roe and the 2A decisions are, these will be Bidens onus to pack the Supreme Court and you can bet they will alter these decisions.
Some one has to die or quit for him to put anyone on the court. And with luck he only has a couple of years left.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

We have been praying for the rights of the unborn for many years. Our Supreme Court finally made the correct choice. Praise God!!

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

While the Supremes made the correct call, the debate is far from over. A majority of Americans support abortion in the first trimester. It takes the petition of only 2/3 of the state legislatures to open a convention to debate the issue (and any others they care to at that time) and then a vote of 3/4 of the legislatures to force the result upon the remaining states. Will 25% of the states vote to ban abortion completely? I think it would be close.

There are no rules in the Constitution regarding the proceeding of such a convention. You can be sure a modification to the 2nd Amendment would be debated, too, along with other individual rights.

Regardless, this is the proper way for a democracy to handle the issues, not 9 oldsters contemplating their navels, as the progressives have been doing it for the better part of a century.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:13 pm Our federal government will never be out of the baby murder business until we stop funding Planned Parenthood with our tax dollars. I know that this is technically the law right now.....but the money keeps flowing.
Planned Parenthood is in the business of getting paid by the government to perform baby killings. Basically murder for hire, and they are scared to death they'll lose the goose that laid their golden egg. But until we somehow stop Federal funding of PPH they wont go away. They'll continue to drain the coffers dry of as much money as they can get. They have high paid lobbyists at state and federal levels constantly pushing for more money to be directed to them.
With this SCOTUS decision we can only hope the funding stops if abortion is not legal Federally. But I'm not holding my breath waiting.
Bryan Austin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bryan Austin »

She passed away in 2017, trying to get this law reversed.

She regrated the law sit....and I bet you have no idea who she is.....she never even had an abortion.

https://www.tiktok.com/@1jesussavedclay ... LJQgM8-SGI
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Biting my tongue so hard it is bleeding. This is why I stay the HELL out of the political forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My opinion, but it should be something for each State to decide based upon what the majority of the population in that State wants. Texas has a majority who do not want it right now.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My opinion always has been that it's up to individual states. But I've also always wondered why any couple (or individuals) today can take the chance of pregnancy so leisurely when there's numerous methods of birth control for both women and men that avoid pregnancy, and avoid needing an abortion?
How anyone can skip over all the proven methods to avoid pregnancy, yet feel it's their right to abort the baby they carelessly made is beyond me? Surely abortion is tougher, more expensive, and more dangerous to the parent than birth control is.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I see nothing in the Constitution that would allow the federal government to regulate abortion.

This leaves it to the States or to the People. The 10th Amendment specifically says this:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

To me, the 10th Amendment seems to have been ignored for far too long.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

You see nothing because it's not there. However, in their craving to have a far more expansive central government, the progressives a century ago twisted the commerce clause into allowing the federal government to regulate business activity within the states. As part of the dissent, the justices noted that under this existing doctrine, a sufficiently anti-abortion congress could ban abortion even in far left California. It brings to mind the old adage about being careful for what you wish.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:42 pm
wvfarrier wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:36 am As proper as the Roe and the 2A decisions are, these will be Bidens onus to pack the Supreme Court and you can bet they will alter these decisions.
Some one has to die or quit for him to put anyone on the court. And with luck he only has a couple of years left.
Actually not. They can add to the number of judges on the court and if you recall.....they had a council to look into it.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus