For Jim T.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

For Jim T.

Post by CowboyTutt »

Sadly, Jim could not make it to the Shootist Holiday this year, family first as always. Jim is always trying to keep me on the path of God's Love and honoring Christian beliefs.

I came across this today as I was in a "singing" sort of mood and I could not remember all the lyrics so I looked it up and found this. This really exemplifies everything that Jim tells me all the time. He is so consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdvReNKKuk

Wanted to post this in Jim's honor, and just a kind reminder of God's Grace to us is really all we have, and everything comes from him every moment of every day. So be thankful for what you have and thank Him so. I think He hears those small prayers of thankfulness. And it helps us to stay closer to Him that Is and makes the relationship stronger.

Thank you Jim, for your reminders of what I am supposed to do. It is not lost upon me totally. Just where Putin is involved and things Ukrainian, I struggle as you know.

Thank you Jim.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
JimT
Shootist

Re: For Jim T.

Post by JimT »

We all struggle Tutt!
And it's OK.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Well, in another sort of irony, I just found this. The background story is a good professional friend of mine, now also in SoCal where I will be soon, her husband was a good friend of Kris Kristofferson. Kris came to visit my friend's husband after his bypass surgery. My Dad used to love Kris K's albums. I think I need to get some. I am not so much a country boy, but actually, I probably am too. I grew up with all the legends of country music through my Dad, and as it's Father's Day, it seems fair to say, I am my Father's son although he passed away in '98. Took me years to adopt the family nick name of Tutt. Was my Dad's nickname in the Navy flying the A-4 off the USS Independence in Vietnam. He was too short to qualify to fly jets the first time. He somehow grew enough even as an adult to qualify a year later. He was a pilot of jets and commercial aircraft after that his whole life. His nick name only had one "t" at the end. I added a second "t" as I'm second generation. So there you have it. Really cool video of Kris Kristofferson and some legendary country greats!

Regards to all our Fathers,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tA7E7pbUws

Sentimental Sunday I guess,

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I ran across that video when I was living in Mozambique. It fit in with what Holy Spirit was teaching me at the time. It was the same thing the Spirit told Peter .. "Don't call any person unclean." We never know what Papa is doing in someone's life.