Gun logic

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Gun logic

Post by marlinman93 »

Got this from a friend, and liked it a lot.

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe
it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21.

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry,
USA.

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire
feminist movement.

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion
rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know
it.

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle.

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and
receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood
kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax
dollars annually.

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes
to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to
immigration, voter I.D., and candidates running for office.

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to
shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying
closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. Now tell me, how
do you think that would end?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Gun logic

Post by gamekeeper »

Very good..... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

Very good. Logic and truth, makes a person wonder why most of our politicians are so out of touch with reality.

The point about Chicago is irrefutable.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

I like it!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Like #8! UNFORTUNATLY they are in control of an injected woke military, with all the best soldiers being forced out for not taking the injection! Guess they don't want to get shot. :shock:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

All True.....unfortunately the left have no base in reality . the left leaders are mostly wealthy who haven't bought gas in years, live in gated communities with armed guards or secret service. how many have been to the grocery store in years? they keep their lemmings on the hook, waiting for another handout. it won't end well........Chicago makes Dodge City or Tombstone look like a Country Club. If I was in charge every one in the city's who committed a gun crime would have a choice , get hung till dead or go and fight in the Ukraine . see how big your balls are then.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Fraud fauci got two jabs and double boosted by the vaccine that doesn't work, and claims he has now contracted covid , which leads to the FACT the military is getting rid of their best and brightest.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle.

Hearings began pretty quickly and the 1968 Gun Control Act was the eventual response to the JFK assasination.

Usually I don't cite Wiki but in this case they have the history correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Control_Act_of_1968
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

#4, Cam Edwards puts it at 400 million! That suits me just fine (Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional! :lol: )! Yea, I watched "The Italian Job"!
windy
Levergunner

Post by windy »

Children, I had to take the polio vaccine --even though I'd had polio--or I wouldn't have been allowed to go to school--any school. I also had to get a smallpox vaccination, or same restriction. When I wanted to go to college, I had to get a chest x-ray for TB to go to a state college. These draconian restrictions were forced on the populace by the generation that had just bled on 10,000 battlefields to restore lost freedoms to half the world, and hence knew more about freedom than any generation since 1865. We now call them "the greatest generation", and they were people that would have laughed at the notion that anybody would hold opinions as stupid as some of the above. I took an oath in 1965 to protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic; I have never revoked my allegiance to that oath, or that constitution.
Y'all have a nice day!
windy
sonny, whar i growed up, "magnum" wuz another word fer "lousy hunter".
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Oh Thank You Exalted obie won keniboe for referring to us a "children" . I have a FAR LEFT relative who ALWAYS refers to the rest of the Family as Kids. He is with out blemish ........Oh thank You. You DA MAN.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

ok Marlin man 93 you get a 10!! for posting that!!

ollogger
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

In 1905 Chicago created their first gun control law. You had to get a permit in order to buy a pistol. How's that been working.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Two points. Small Pox has been eliminated by use of the vaccine. TB was almost entirely eliminated by early testing. It only started making a comeback when we no longer required testing of immigrants.

Polio has similarly been almost obliterated in the US due to vaccines. While rules don’t always make sense there are many times good reasons for them.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Kenworth71
Levergunner

Post by Kenworth71 »

Here in Canada our communist government has purposed a law banning the buying, selling, trading, or passing down of hand guns, they are letting you keep them if you own them now, but that is it! if you die and have registered handguns, they will need to be turned in. we already have very strict laws regarding hand guns, they can only be used on a registered gun range, and must have tranport permits if you take them any where besides the range. long guns must be permanently restricted to 5 rounds, the law has to be passed in parliament in September but its almost a sure thing. It makes no sense at all! but we hunters and gun owners are a small minority and have no say at all, not like in the US where you atleast have a voice .All they are concerned about is votes! that's why they are letting us keep them, it would cost a small fortune of taxpayers dollars to buy them all, and would be unpopular with voters. I wish we had a second amendment right, owning guns in Canada is a privilege not a right.
Kenworth71
Levergunner

Post by Kenworth71 »

Sorry I must say communist/ liberal government, I wouldn't want to be miss understood by saying we have an actual communist government, they hide under the liberal name.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

We in Texas overthrew the government of Mexico for less in 1836.

Why do you put up with this?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:08 pm 5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle.

Hearings began pretty quickly and the 1968 Gun Control Act was the eventual response to the JFK assasination.

Usually I don't cite Wiki but in this case they have the history correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Control_Act_of_1968
Scott, the blame goes to mail order process of gun purchase, not the gun. The 1968 gun control act ended the mail order gun purchases. along with changes to background checks, and other lessor rules.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Not sure how we got this list and topic headed to vaccines, and covid talk? Can we stay on topic guys?
Kenworth71
Levergunner

Post by Kenworth71 »

I wish we could boot them out of power, unfortunately it's all about who votes them in, I live in western Canada where it's mostly right, with a smaller population, eastern Canada has all the population and lean to the left, so what the east wants, the rest of us have to swallow.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:13 am Scott, the blame goes to mail order process of gun purchase, not the gun. The 1968 gun control act ended the mail order gun purchases. along with changes to background checks, and other lessor rules.
Lessor Rules? Nothing of the sort!! This was a major change in policy designed to restrict the 2nd Amendment rights of Americans and to conscript private persons (dealers) to be the government's agents in doing so:

Title IV of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 and the Gun Control Act of 1968 are thus aimed at restricting public access to firearms. Commerce in firearms is channeled through federally licensed importers, manufacturers, and dealers in an attempt to halt mail-order and interstate consumer traffic in these weapons. The principal agent of federal enforcement is the dealer. He is licensed, §§ 922(a)(1) and 923(a); he is required to keep records of ‘sale . . . or other disposition,’ § 923(g); and he is subject to a criminal penalty for disposing of a weapon contrary to the provisions of the Act, § 924.

Huddleston v. United States, 415 U.S. 814, 824, 94 S. Ct. 1262, 1269, 39 L. Ed. 2d 782 (1974)

B. The very structure of the Gun Control Act demonstrates that Congress did not intend merely to restrict interstate sales but sought broadly to keep firearms away from the persons Congress classified as potentially irresponsible and dangerous. These persons are comprehensively barred by the Act from acquiring firearms by any means. . . . .

C. The legislative history is fully supportive of our construction of s 922(h). The Gun Control Act of 1968 was an amended and, for present purposes, a substantially identical version of Title IV of the Omnibus Crime *220 Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968. Each of the statutes enlarged and extended the Federal Firearms Act, 52 Stat. 1250 (1938). Section 922(h), although identical in its operative phrase with s 2(f) **503 of the Federal Firearms Act, expanded the categories of persons prohibited from receiving firearms.5 The new Act also added many prophylactic provisions, hereinabove referred to, governing intrastate as well as interstate transactions. See Zimring, Firearms and Federal Law: The Gun Control Act of 1968, 4 J. Legal Studies 133 (1975). But the 1938 Act, it was said, was designed “to prevent the crook and gangster, racketeer and fugitive from justice from being able to purchase or in any way come in contact with firearms of any kind.” S.Rep.No. 1189, 75th Cong., 1st Sess., 33 (1937). Nothing we have found in the committee reports or hearings on the 1938 legislation indicates any intention on the part of Congress to confine s 2(f) to direct interstate receipt of firearms.

The history of the 1968 Act reflects a similar concern with keeping firearms out of the hands of categories of potentially irresponsible persons, including convicted felons. Its broadly stated principal purpose was “to make it possible to keep firearms out of the hands of those not legally entitled to possess them because of age, criminal background, or incompetency.” S.Rep.No. 1501, 90th Cong., 2d Sess., 22 (1968). See also 114 Cong.Rec. 13219 (1968) (remarks by Sen. Tydings); Huddleston v. United States, 415 U.S., at 824-825, 94 S.Ct., at 1268-1269. Congressman Celler, the House Manager, expressed the same concern: “This bill seeks to maximize the possibility of keeping firearms out of the hands of such persons.” 114 Cong.Rec. 21784 (1968); Huddleston v. United States, 415 U.S., at 828, 94 S.Ct., at 1270. In the light of this principal purpose, Congress could not have intended that the broad and unambiguous language of s 922(h) was to be confined, as petitioner suggests, to direct interstate receipts. That suggestion would remove from the statute the most usual transaction, namely, the felon's purchase or receipt from his local dealer.

Barrett v. United States, 423 U.S. 212, 218–21, 96 S. Ct. 498, 502–03, 46 L. Ed. 2d 450 (1976)

This is not a "lessor rule" but a fundamental change in the way the federal government would regulate firearms from that point forward. No matter how laudable some of the intentions were, the GCA of 1968 was a huge bite out of the Second Amendment.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I see some stuff on (anti) social media occasionally about arguments for or against gun control. A small number claim to be for gun control and state that they own firearms and are veterans. Seems to me that the veterans who were in combat arms in the Army, or were Marines of any job description, are mostly for crime control instead of gun control. If those who want us to not have guns start to get violent outside of the Leftist bastions, it will probably be over quickly. Rooftop Koreans are not the only people who are willing to protect what is theirs.

Having seen a bunch of car wrecks in the last few years, I am all for raising the age to own a smart phone to 21. Also limiting the power of most vehicles would save lives. When was the last time you saw anyone in a pavement queen pickup or a fast car driving as if they wanted to live?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If I notice that the pickup is dusty, or has a few dents and Factory size tires, I know that the driver will be using his brain. The shiny ones that are jacked up, have lots of ground effects, chrome, and lights are going to be cutting people off and running stop signs and stop lights. Same goes for the cars.
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

piller wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:06 pm I see some stuff on (anti) social media occasionally about arguments for or against gun control. A small number claim to be for gun control and state that they own firearms and are veterans. Seems to me that the veterans who were in combat arms in the Army, or were Marines of any job description, are mostly for crime control instead of gun control. If those who want us to not have guns start to get violent outside of the Leftist bastions, it will probably be over quickly. Rooftop Koreans are not the only people who are willing to protect what is theirs.

Having seen a bunch of car wrecks in the last few years, I am all for raising the age to own a smart phone to 21. Also limiting the power of most vehicles would save lives. When was the last time you saw anyone in a pavement queen pickup or a fast car driving as if they wanted to live?
Nothing irritates me more than the guys who say they're firearms owners, yet are OK with restrictive laws limiting who can own particular firearms they think are not OK because they don't want one. Most of these types are being used on a regular basis by the antigunners to make their point, and they don't even realize that once the antis get what they want, they'll eventually come after their hunting rifles too!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am even OK with fully automatic firearms. Criminals already get them. I probably wouldn't buy one, but I see not one single reason why an average law abiding citizen should be denied ine if he or she wants one.
D. Brian Casady
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:37 pm I am even OK with fully automatic firearms. Criminals already get them. I probably wouldn't buy one, but I see not one single reason why an average law abiding citizen should be denied ine if he or she wants one.
Because just like states with constitutional carry, if regular folks had automatic weapons (no real need to put "fully" in front) there would be massacres in the street for evey minor affront. (seriously need a sarcasm smilie)
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

piller wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:37 pm I am even OK with fully automatic firearms. Criminals already get them. I probably wouldn't buy one, but I see not one single reason why an average law abiding citizen should be denied ine if he or she wants one.
Agreed.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

@windy. just want to say, that if any of the vaccines you mention had killed and maimed as many "volunteers" as the fake vaccine did, THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE MADE IT TO MARKET.

THERE IS NO MORAL EQUIVALENCY BETWEEN VACCINES THAT SAVE LIVES, AND EXPERIMENTAL SUBSTANCES THAT INJURE AND KILL PEOPLE BY THE THOUSANDS.

I am happy for you that you were vaccinated, as I was, with SAFE and EFFECTIVE vaccines.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SAFE OR EFFECTIVE ABOUT THE #KILLJAB.

kind regards,
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The first smallpox vaccine was cowpox. Cowpox was much less dangerous, and still served to prevent smallpox. The smallpox vaccine gives total and lifelong immunity to monkey buttpox.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Back to guns, and there are people getting caught making a device to turn a Glock into a full auto. It can be printed on a 3-D printer. Gangs in the Dallas area have been caught with them. They are not hitting well with it installed, but it will happen.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

maybe it's a good thing they will hit "empty" first
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I own an AR15, which even my gun friends chuckle about since almost every other rifle I own is an antique single shot. But I bought it simply because I have the right to own it. It probably hasn't seen more than a couple boxes of ammo through it in almost 5 yrs. I've owned it. Doesn't interest me much to shoot, but I like having it.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

marlinman93 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:33 pm I own an AR15, which even my gun friends chuckle about since almost every other rifle I own is an antique single shot. But I bought it simply because I have the right to own it. It probably hasn't seen more than a couple boxes of ammo through it in almost 5 yrs. I've owned it. Doesn't interest me much to shoot, but I like having it.
Same. I bought a Colt 6700 AR just before the Crime Bill of 1994 took effect. So far, I have managed to remove the cardboard tube that Colt stuck in there and ran a lightly oiled patch through it. It's not been out of my safe since. Not really interested in shooting it ... but I have it.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

those guns ARE A LOT OF FUN TO SHOOT.
ALL GUNS ARE A LOT OF FUN TO SHOOT
EVEN THE ONES I'VE NEVER SHOT BEFORE
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:41 pm Same. I bought a Colt 6700 AR just before the Crime Bill of 1994 took effect. So far, I have managed to remove the cardboard tube that Colt stuck in there and ran a lightly oiled patch through it. It's not been out of my safe since. Not really interested in shooting it ... but I have it.
Heck at least get out there and check zero....just in case. :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I have an AR based 12 ga. also, and only fired it enough to check function. It's a home defense shotgun, and doubt I'll ever fire it very often. I just wanted something with larger capacity, shorter size, and removable magazines. Only other shotgun I have is my old Winchester 12ga. semiauto, and I love that shotgun, but it's way too long a barrel!