the weather

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

the weather

Post by Grizz »

I know it gets hot in Texas, and I lived in Arizona thru the kind of weather they're getting, and started school in Las Vegas, in the kind of weather they're getting, but I STILL HATE HOT WEATHER.

Y"All have my sympathy and hope that you make it through OK, and for those of you who love it, Respect.

Take care, not everyone is thrilled with this kind of weather

Grizz .†
JimT
Shootist

Re: the weather

Post by JimT »

When gets above 102 and the humidity is above 80% I kinda get homesick for Mozambique. Once I passed 60 I had all I wanted of cold weather. Living in the Tropics in Africa was sorta like heaven ... 6 years with no winter!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Two years stationed in Panama where the average day was 90 & 100%.......I got to where I could tolerate it....barely.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I don't like Hot weather either....but You sure don't need to shovel sunshine. about six months here until the next frost. I wish it would get cold and stay cold. it rained all spring damp&cold and I hate the mud. in the mean time I got to cut some wood and get three tons of hard coal to get ready.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Texas is getting hot now. That is just what happens. Upper 90s and some humidity. Part of life.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I’ve been watching the weather in Abilene/Sweetwater very closely as I am moving there a week from tomorrow. We are in low triples here in Alamogordo and the weather looks like it will be the same on the other end, although some heat records are falling in the “Big Country.”
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

When I was a kid the snow never got deep enough or lasted long enough to suit me. Now, the summer is never hot enough or dry enough or long enough.
Of course, In Missouri the two extremes can occur in the same afternoon.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

You all should move to Central Kansas, we are having X-Rated weather here this weekend for your enjoyment: Very sultry and steamy! :wink:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I was out at the ranch this afternoon. 102 degrees. Its just summer in Texas.

I wear a hat and try to keep hydrated.

Then I remember that when I was a kid we had no air conditioning in the house or the car. Kinda puts things in perspective.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:44 pm Then I remember that when I was a kid we had no air conditioning in the house or the car. Kinda puts things in perspective.
Same here Scott. I was married before I had a car with A/C. When we were kids we would take off on our bikes across the desert in +100 degree weather ... ride for hours ... come home smelling like wet dogs.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Scott wrote :"Then I remember that when I was a kid we had no air conditioning in the house or the car. Kinda puts things in perspective"....... I'll be dating myself but what I miss most in cars today are the "wing vents" that were in the front windows and down by your feet there were vents you could open to bring fresh air in the lower part of the car. they worked amazingly well. some things should have stayed the same.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I don't like it above 80 degrees! I handle the cold better than the heat.
I've been to Florida a few times, I thought I would die!
Today's high was 74 here in Maine.
That was too hot for me.
I guess it has to do with your genetics.
Johnny
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Out in Western Kansas, as a kid I loved the hot dry summers.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:58 pm
Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:44 pm Then I remember that when I was a kid we had no air conditioning in the house or the car. Kinda puts things in perspective.
Same here Scott. I was married before I had a car with A/C. When we were kids we would take off on our bikes across the desert in +100 degree weather ... ride for hours ... come home smelling like wet dogs.
Yeah. I delivered the afternoon newspaper in Phoenix in That weather. A couple years of it. Dad was immune to it. I wasn't. Nearly died of heat stroke, a week of puking plus 4 days in hospital with a nasty nurse. I like weather that suggests I put on a jacket if I'm just walking. I can split firewood in 15-20 degree weather in a tee shirt. But I CANNOT split firewood in 110 in a tee shirt. Genes it is.
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

My Indian name is Shadeseeker.
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

108° today and tomorrow at the ranch. We had worse temps the first week of May! Never seen it that hot so early in the season. With only 4" of rain in almost a year, I won't be planting anything this year only to watch it burn up. We often get a little rain around July 4, without it, the outlook is grim as my tanks are almost dry. I did recently see some Axis at my place for the first time, they can thrive on dry grass while the whitetails will starve on it.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

My hat is off to you who can tolerate hot, humid weather. I'm originally from west central PA, atop the Appalachian Plateau on the "Eastern Continental Divide" at about 2000 feet above sea level where it's tolerable. What's odd is just 35 east is the city of Altoona located at the bottom of the big mountain where it's consistently 10-12 degrees hotter and much more humid. As a matter of fact the more east you go in PA, the worse it gets. It's a subtropical septic swamp and you need AC on most days and nights from May till October. Yuck!