No safe places

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

No safe places

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

There are no safe places. Always be armed and pay attention. It may not be a snake, but could be an escaped prisoner.

https://youtu.be/jpfQ4bkYoT8
piller
Posting leader...

Re: No safe places

Post by piller »

Sadly, he is right. Now, how did that murdering piece of pelosi escape in the first place?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That's the big question... which the left is not going to want answered as it doesn't go along with their narrative... :evil:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

There's a lot to learn from this story.

I know a lot of people who have an old family place in the country or on the coast that they go to when they have a chance. This could have happened to any of them.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Murderers who are proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt, given a death sentence, and have it carried out are 100% not going to commit further murders.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

piller wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:37 pm Murderers who are proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt, given a death sentence, and have it carried out are 100% not going to commit further murders.
Its so expensive these days to get a death penalty case. The constant appeals make them much less attractive to a local prosecutor.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:51 pm Its so expensive these days to get a death penalty case. The constant appeals make them much less attractive to a local prosecutor.
When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, people’s hearts are filled with schemes to do wrong.
Ecclesiastes 8:11
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

JimT wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:56 pm When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, people’s hearts are filled with schemes to do wrong.
Ecclesiastes 8:11
No question about that Jim. I think public hangings served a valuable purpose back in the day.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:51 pm
piller wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:37 pm Murderers who are proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt, given a death sentence, and have it carried out are 100% not going to commit further murders.
Its so expensive these days to get a death penalty case. The constant appeals make them much less attractive to a local prosecutor.
I heard on the radio a few days ago someone was appealing their death sentence ". . . for the 1972 murder of [somebody]. . .". I wouldn't be surprised if the person they murdered would have already been dead by now of natural causes.

But then again that piece of garbage that went into the supermarket in New York and killed a bunch of people bragged about the fact that he was going to do it on his internet posting, got a camera to film it live as he did it, filmed it and narrated it and got caught in the act. . . and then pleads "not guilty". . . :shock: :?:

Utterly ridiculous. Of course the gun will be put on trial as a deodand, and he will become some sort of a martyr because he was "bullied" by a Trump supporter, or didn't get enough handouts from people who work for a living.

Of course none of this is surprising when we live in a society where we think 18-year-old shouldn't be expected to be mature enough not to kill people with guns, yet we can send them into battle, and let them drive automobiles. We mourn the death of nine-year-old children and yet we allow them to decide on a whim to mutilate their bodies and 'change gender'.

Sometimes I get cynical and think "we have the government we deserve", and it's a crappy one but that's what we get for being a society full of so many materialistic, dumbed-down, self-centered, and culturally narrow liberals.

The problem is, we're all in this boat together, and is Ronald Reagan said there's no other place to go if the United States falls, so we have to fight to preserve it because of that, no matter how many idiotic Democrats and RINOs are trying to destroy it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
lonesome dave
Levergunner

Post by lonesome dave »

an eye for an eye is the proper punishment
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Had people try to kill me in 1972. I sure hope they are dead a long time by now.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Everybody who ever tried to kill me is long gone. It sometimes works out that way.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Someone who was an excellent shot put a bullet into a tree a couple feet from me at 300 yards or so 40 years ago, but I think he's probably too old to try it again, if he's even still alive. At the time I assumed it was more a 'warning' than a serious attempt, as he could shoot 3 inch groups at that distance and he was shooting from a rest at the time. At the time he thought I killed his dog, although it was actually someone else who did it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
450 Fuller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 450 Fuller »

Recidivism is being able to do it again. Stop-and -frisk is the LEnf term for reason to believe/probable cause to
search and remove firearms. Juliani had it right for NYC-
As a former state/Federal agent-our Tombstone era society will not reward or defend you. The police are now a bit
nervous about deadly force and being too aggressive following the Floyd/Minn. fiasco.
So-self defense. Castle doctrine on the street.

The gang/thug mentality uses mostly 9mm stolen firearms to spray
a given inner-city zone from a car or on foot. Quickly disappear after hitting soft targets or bystanders.
Not much aiming.
The experienced or combat veterans hit the ground or take cover after the first shot....

We are in a strange time with pseudo-leadership from D.C. and economic fallout. Frogs and sheeple sitting in a slowly warming pot...
Dead school children are the worst danger to the 2nd Amendment along with hand wringing liberal politicians.

Trees were left outside rural courthouses for a reason...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

When I was stationed in Panama, there were (mostly) no soft targets. Seemingly every store, school, public place had armed guards with shotguns. :idea: :idea: :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:51 pm
That’s called an excuse. And a really poor one at that. Our prosecutors and judges have been using expense and overcrowding. Both are the result of years of making excuses for criminals by blaming “society” for the criminals completely voluntarily decisions.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
donkey376
Levergunner

Post by donkey376 »

450 Fuller wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:37 am Recidivism is being able to do it again. Stop-and -frisk is the LEnf term for reason to believe/probable cause to
As a former state/Federal agent-our Tombstone era society will not reward or defend you. The police are now a bit
nervous about deadly force and being too aggressive following the Floyd/Minn. fiasco.

a given inner-city zone from a car or on foot. Quickly disappear after hitting soft targets or bystanders.
Not much aiming.
The experienced or combat veterans hit the ground or take cover after the first shot....

We are in a strange time with pseudo-leadership from D.C. and economic fallout. Frogs and sheeple sitting in a slowly warming pot...
Dead school children are the worst danger to the 2nd Amendment along with hand wringing liberal politicians.

Find my parts yet? I cannot believe that you are a Veteran... especially an officer.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

donkey376 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:03 am Find my parts yet? I cannot believe that you are a Veteran... especially an officer.
One of these things is not like the others....
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'm occasionally asked the question of why it's necessary to carry at.........fill in the blank. It seems people still think there are certain places where they feel safe enough and think carrying concealed is either unnecessary, or paranoid if you do.
This video is a perfect example of why nobody should ever make the decision to leave their carry gun at home if they can legally carry it. You may find the last place you'd expect you'll need it is the place you wish you'd have had it.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Exactly ! ... I keep a fire extinguisher in my vehicle. People ask me why I do that. .Meh
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Blaine wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:50 pm When I was stationed in Panama, there were (mostly) no soft targets. Seemingly every store, school, public place had armed guards with shotguns. :idea: :idea: :idea:
I Guadalajara in 1998 they had armed guards in the parking lots of shopping malls. It seemed surreal at the time. But I understand it when I see these gangs of thieves descending on our shopping malls.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

donkey376 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:03 am
450 Fuller wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:37 am Recidivism is being able to do it again. Stop-and -frisk is the LEnf term for reason to believe/probable cause to

Not much aiming.

Find my parts yet? I cannot believe that you are a Veteran... especially an officer.
What in the blue-eyed world are you talking about? Or are you just trolling?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:34 pm
Blaine wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:50 pm When I was stationed in Panama, there were (mostly) no soft targets. Seemingly every store, school, public place had armed guards with shotguns. :idea: :idea: :idea:
I Guadalajara in 1998 they had armed guards in the parking lots of shopping malls. It seemed surreal at the time. But I understand it when I see these gangs of thieves descending on our shopping malls.
back when Mx highway 2 was called Tecate Libre and was two lane roadway, and Dos Mil was a similar narrow two track, the Federales set up traffic stops on Tecate Libre, as the locals called it. A sandbag revetment with Ma Deuce at each end and the stopped coche in the cross-fire. Being waved into that spot and questioned by the soldier with the rifle and the red flag was. . . , interesting. There were two such free fire zones on that highway, set up in response to cartels attempting to control the local police by beheading them and leaving the heads in playgrounds and bus stops.

Further along the highway in Mexicali, on the entrance to the beautiful new divided highway back to Tecate and points west, there was a small tank with what looked like a 20mm in the turret. And I assumed a rifle unit out of sight somewhere. Trying to explain in gringoese what I was doing and where I was going at that time of night, and why, I was off the hook when he looked in back at the crew of gringo interns, one of whom had a paper-mache effigy of Batman beside him, got us on our way for a glorious starlit cruise back to Rancho Alamo Bonito, and rest . . . . .
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

P.S. As a public service to motorcycle riders who love the curves, treat your self to this loop, most directly accessed via Mexicali. It's sweep and majesty is super rewarding. Even in a cage it's fabulous. The eastbound descent into Mexicali feels exactly like you are flying through the canyon and lining up the runway in the flatlands...
Screenshot 2022-06-10 083629.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I took two of my buddies down to Tequila (where the Jose Cuervo factory is located). On the ride down we saw such a roadblock. It was for northbound traffic. I asked the driver in my poor Spanish if it was for drugs, and he said no, it was for arms.

At the factory there is an interesting display in a room behind glass of all sorts of John Wayne memorabilia and movie props from the films he made in Mexico. Apparently he was quite friendly with the family that owned the place. Good times.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:43 am P.S. As a public service to motorcycle riders who love the curves, treat your self to this loop, most directly accessed via Mexicali. It's sweep and majesty is super rewarding. Even in a cage it's fabulous. The eastbound descent into Mexicali feels exactly like you are flying through the canyon and lining up the runway in the flatlands...
Screenshot 2022-06-10 083629.png
I have come down La Rumerosa in the dark. 30 degrees up on top ... 95 when we hit the desert floor.
We stopped in Mexicali to get breakfast. Walked into a restaurant .. our feet stuck to the floor, like walking on glue. It was covered with dead flies. We turned around, sloshed our way out and drove on over the border.