Bob Mernickle holsters for my Colts.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Bob Mernickle holsters for my Colts.

Post by OldWin »

When I bought my 4.75" SAA last year, I was looking for a "carry" type holster for it. I took a chance and ordered a Bob Mernickle. I hadn't any experience with this maker, but I had read good things. It's a semi-custom maker with an advertised 8 week lead. They delivered exactly what they said. It was done when they said it would be, and I was very happy with the holster. Quality is excellent for the price. They are no more than some off the shelf brands for base models. You can easily run the price up with custom options, however.
I bought one of the new 4.25" Pythons a couple months ago, so naturally, I gave Mernickle a whirl again. Again, I received exactly what and when they said. It is excellent for what I want in a holster for this revolver.
In cooler weather, with a cover garment, I have street carried my SAA with ease in this holster. Looking forward to the same with the Python.

P.S.
You can't see in my lousy pictures, but there is a crossdraw slot on both these holsters. While I don't normally use this method, if in and out of the Jeep or 4 wheelers, I prefer this method of carry.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Bob Mernickle holsters for my Colts.

Post by gamekeeper »

They both look good and well made, I'm glad you are pleased with them and I'm sure that Bob Pernickle would be pleased with your endorsement.... 8)

Now get back to that trailer... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha!
Oh man! Now I'm feeling the pressure buddy! :D
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I have a couple of his holsters and they are really good quality and the design works.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:41 am I have a couple of his holsters and they are really good quality and the design works.
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with my SAA holster. I have worn the old hogleg out and about all day without fatigue. It really spreads the weight out and makes the gun feel much lighter.
Hopefully, it will be the same with the Python.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

:mrgreen: .!!!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

If you plan on luging it, don't skimp on a cheap holster!
Merickel has a good name in leatherwork!
Perhaps I'll give them a try for one of my Smiths.
Hansome gun and holster!
Johnny
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy.
Yeah, I have a 3" round butt 629 that would be a good candidate for his work. Or my 4" 66, or....... :D
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Thanks for the plug. Been looking over their stock for awhile. Think I'll pull the trigger.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I HAVE THE SAME HOLSTER AND CARTRIDGE SLIDE FOR MY COLT 45. I THINK IT IS THE BEST AND FASTES I HAVE EVER USED.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree Jerry.
If I am woods carrying an SAA, I like it a little higher and tighter than a traditional SA rig. Keeps the gun out of the way of brush and under the protection of a garment if you choose.
I also (possibly unwisely) like to forgo the security of retention to gain fast access to my Colt. This rig, while high, doesn't seem to hinder a quick presentation, while still holding the revolver securely.