I thought I'd gotten this out of my system !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

I thought I'd gotten this out of my system !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Guy comes in the shop today with a decent looking TC Contender 14" with a Trashco 2x scope and 700 pieces of brass . That unto itself is nothing special , then we had a closer look it's a 357 MAX which I've had previouse affairs with many times . So I stayed out of the discussion about what to sell it for etc . And after the price was set I scooped it up . Sorry I didn't bother to take pics .

I'm thinking when I get ack from the Philippines to scratch thru all my junk and find a 180 or 200 GC mold or possibly oth and cast a cople hundred bullets then work up a couple loads and get it ready for brown cloven hooved rat season !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I thought I'd gotten this out of my system !

Post by 6pt-sika »

The new toy :roll:
4CDD8441-DEBD-4C54-A33B-29091D0AD743.jpeg
6821F2BB-80B5-4523-80E4-525B0AA47D9C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

It's a tough Life when One has no resistance to a deal dropped in their lap. :lol: . Enjoy.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

.45colt wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:53 am It's a tough Life when One has no resistance to a deal dropped in their lap. :lol: . Enjoy.
You are quite correct !

I do look at it a little different now than I did in years past . I kinda don't buy stuff like this unless I think there's some meat left on the bone for me when I decide to part with it .
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

.45colt wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:53 am It's a tough Life when One has no resistance to a deal dropped in their lap. :lol: . Enjoy.
I usually hesitate then kick myself later.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

This is either the fourth or fifth time I will have messed with a 357 MAX . The first was a Dan Wesson stainless 8" gun , a couple 10" Contender barrels , a Contender 14" barrel and this one . Hopefully this one will smite down the notoriouse Virginia Man Eating Whitetail Deer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Just for giggles can you shoot some 38 wadcutters through it and tell us how they group? Always thought a Max single or combo gun would be so versatile
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

44shooter wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:24 pm Just for giggles can you shoot some 38 wadcutters through it and tell us how they group? Always thought a Max single or combo gun would be so versatile
The just might be possible as I “think” I have some already cast , that I got in a bunch of stuff . Pretty sure I don’t have a mold for a WC I do however have a Lee SWC mold .
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

My Max experience is limited to a couple of Rugers and a brief fling with a Seville. I'd like to try it in Contender, real nice rig you've found. Great cartridge for smacking steel waaay out there but I've come to prefer bigger bullets moving slower for hunting. Still have one 10 1/2" Ruger should I stumble upon a steel critter that needs to be shot.

Eric
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

You guys are so lucky!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Six, I'd have been as helpless in the face of that deal. Always wanted to mess with a Contender in .357 Max.
Nimrod
Levergunner

Post by Nimrod »

Sorry, gotta ask, "brown cloven hooved rat"?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Went through my "TC phase" when I was younger. It's addictive to buy one, and then begin chasing extra barrels. I think when I sold mine I had 9 extra barrels for it. My favorite cartridges were my .22LR match barrel, 7 TCU, and .30-30. All were extremely accurate, and even the others I didn't shoot much shot well.
After awhile I rarely shot any of the barrels, and sold the whole collection to a TC guy at our gun show.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:46 am Went through my "TC phase" when I was younger. It's addictive to buy one, and then begin chasing extra barrels. I think when I sold mine I had 9 extra barrels for it. My favorite cartridges were my .22LR match barrel, 7 TCU, and .30-30. All were extremely accurate, and even the others I didn't shoot much shot well.
After awhile I rarely shot any of the barrels, and sold the whole collection to a TC guy at our gun show.
I had a 6.5 TCU barrel that I’d bought with the intention of killing a deer as well . But for some unapparant reason it didn’t wanna work with the old frame I had for the 44 MAG . Actually I might still have that barrel in my desk drawer , I’ll look when I go to the shop Monday . Anyway I like the way the gun felt with the 10” 6.5 barrel as opposed to this 14” Max barrel . But we shall see !
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Nath wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:06 am You guys are so lucky!
move here...
we would love to have you here in the USA
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:25 am
Nath wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:06 am You guys are so lucky!
move here...
we would love to have you here in the USA
:D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!