Starline 38-55 brass in stock at Midway.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Starline 38-55 brass in stock at Midway.

Post by yooper2 »

Got an email last night, been waiting a few months.

Eric
pinefd
Levergunner

Re: Starline 38-55 brass in stock at Midway.

Post by pinefd »

It's quite a bit cheaper if you buy directly from Starline, which is where I normally get it from. And yes, they have it in stock right now as well, with a minimum order of 250: https://www.starlinebrass.com/38-55-brass-2080

Frank
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I am taking this as further evidence that the shortages are slowly but surely abating. 8)
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

Bought my granddaughter a 38-55 about a year ago, loaded some ammo for her, but didn't have much brass, so I placed an order from Starline and they put me on backorder---that was about seven months ago. They notified me this month and I purchased my order-----just in time to load her some for the nice weather ahead.
I know some folks that have been waiting for brass for nearly two years now----not 38-55 and not from Starline but 6.5 PRC brass---guess it is hard to find even now---I didn't buy a 6.5 PRC but I hear there are folks that have them (for nearly two years) that have not even shot theirs yet---
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Yes, its cheaper to buy direct, but you have to buy more to get the better price. You also often have to wait for backorders, if Midway or others have it in stock they may get it before you can unless youve had a backorder in for some time, just the reality of the order they service their backorders in. I watched Starlines website for things to show up as available, but you may not in fact see that if their production is used up in covering existing orders. Ive seen it show up at other sellers (who obviously had it on backorder for some time) and not show on their site as available, or perhaps it all disappeared before I saw it available before selling out of exiting stocks.

I dont mind paying a bit more to not have to pay as much up front for a quantity I dont really need. Yes, you can sell the balance, but as time goes on I get less interested in projects of that sort, I just want what I want and not make it more complicated than it needs to be.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?