Gun Storage in Todays USA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Gun Storage in Todays USA

Post by 765x53 »

Most of us probably have firearms that were purchased prior to 1968. Either purchased ourselves or inherited.
I believe it might be wise to store these guns, their ammo, magazines, and accessories separately and secretly from those that are on an FFL record.
They may be the only ones you will have left after the dawn battering ram raid through your front door and the perp-march in your under-ware for the waiting news cameras.
Last edited by 765x53 on Wed May 25, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Gun Storage in Todays USA

Post by AJMD429 »

I took all mine to a 'buyback' program, because I felt guilty having such dangerous things around.

At first, I felt comfortable with them locked in a safe, but then I started wondering what would happen if they somehow self-animated and were able to get out of the safe. Some of my knowledgeable gun owning friends said that's ridiculous, because guns can't self-animate, but obviously they are wrong because experts who advocate strict gun control laws tell us all the time how dangerous guns are.

Besides, since the past hundred years or so of data from all over the world indicate that consistently nations with 'common sense gun control' that started with the obviously harmless 'first step' of registering guns in order to do 'universal background checks' have only killed about 262,000,000 of their own citizens between 1900 and 2000, or 7,178 per day. That is the potential 'cost' of gun control, but the U.S. has nearly 40 murders a day...! So if we could prevent all those murders (i.e. if all the murderers would obey gun control laws - even though they seem to ignore murder laws), we could save 40 lives a day...! The US population is only about 1/24th that of the world, so extrapolating, and assuming gun control to be 100% effective, we could save 960 lives per day, CLEARLY more than the rest of the world, where there is no 'gun crime' and they only lose 7,000 or so yearly as a side-effect of disarmed citizens. Clearly allowing only police and military to have 'military style assault weapons' made those nations far safer than the United States with its 'gun culture'. Bottom line - goverent should register and control ALL firearms, to protect their subjects....'er I mean 'citizens'....

So I just took them all and let the nearest Big City police station "buy them back" - it was kind of weird, since I don't recall buying them from those guys in the first place, but I feel so much better with them out of the house.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:43 pm I took all mine to a 'buyback' program, because I felt guilty having such dangerous things around.

At first, I felt comfortable with them locked in a safe, but then I started wondering what would happen if they somehow self-animated and were able to get out of the safe. Some of my knowledgeable gun owning friends said that's ridiculous, because guns can't self-animate, but obviously they are wrong because experts who advocate strict gun control laws tell us all the time how dangerous guns are.

Besides, since the past hundred years or so of data from all over the world indicate that consistently nations with 'common sense gun control' that started with the obviously harmless 'first step' of registering guns in order to do 'universal background checks' have only killed about 262,000,000 of their own citizens between 1900 and 2000, or 7,178 per day. That is the potential 'cost' of gun control, but the U.S. has nearly 40 murders a day...! So if we could prevent all those murders (i.e. if all the murderers would obey gun control laws - even though they seem to ignore murder laws), we could save 40 lives a day...! The US population is only about 1/24th that of the world, so extrapolating, and assuming gun control to be 100% effective, we could save 960 lives per day, CLEARLY more than the rest of the world, where there is no 'gun crime' and they only lose 7,000 or so yearly as a side-effect of disarmed citizens. Clearly allowing only police and military to have 'military style assault weapons' made those nations far safer than the United States with its 'gun culture'. Bottom line - goverent should register and control ALL firearms, to protect their subjects....'er I mean 'citizens'....

So I just took them all and let the nearest Big City police station "buy them back" - it was kind of weird, since I don't recall buying them from those guys in the first place, but I feel so much better with them out of the house.
Ain't gonna help. DOJ needs no evidence or probable cause. See "Jan. 6".
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Mine all self identified as Objects' d'Art. Trans sonic Objects' d'Art. Being trans, they are protected.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I consider any firearm over 10 years old sold and paperwork burned.
Must have been sold, I don't recall.
I've seen rifles vacuum packed, I suspect them and even their full mags to survive for 100+ years easily.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

In the UK all our legally owned guns are registered throughout our ownership, the police have to be informed in detail of any sales, gifts or canoe accidents. The handgun ban proved how effective the registration was in the confiscation of handguns by the police. I was only shooting cap n ball at that time so didn't have to surrender my obviously non lethal handguns.
We attempted to fight the ban but registration was our downfall in the end. Sadly without any kind of "gun culture" not enough of us to start a revolution...
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

:twisted: And that's all I got to say about that!

OH my GOD, I'm trapped! I'm surrounded by Quail and doves!!!! AND I don't have a shotgun! :mrgreen:
You should see my front yard when they get done feeding, there's scratch marks EVERYWHERE! I can sure tell when someone walks across the yard after they get done feeding and move off. :mrgreen: 8)

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself. :oops:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:28 pm Mine all self identified as Objects' d'Art. Trans sonic Objects' d'Art. Being trans, they are protected.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:43 pm I took all mine to a 'buyback' program, because I felt guilty having such dangerous things around.
I laughed so hard when I read that I almost choked.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.