Randy Weaver has passed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Randy Weaver has passed

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I don't know how. I don't know if he was a good man or a bad man, or like most of us, somewhere in between.

But he became a symbol of our government's opressive nature.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Randy Weaver has passed

Post by marlinman93 »

My personal feeling is he was a good man who got cornered when the government tried to use him for their own investigation. In watching interviews with him and his now adult daughter he didn't want to align himself with either side, and preferred to be left alone and neutral. But the FBI wasn't going to allow that and did everything they could to coerce him into working for them. He took a stand, and that just infuriated the FBI into taking things to the next level. We all know how that went.
I sincerely hope he passed away happier than he was after this all happened. He deserved better.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Some years ago ... not long after Randy Weaver's trial .. I spent time talking with his daughter Sara. I could tell her wounds were not healed .. spiritual, emotional wounds. She was very gracious then, just a young lady. I was happy to read this article about her and see she has found some peace in Jesus.

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/2012/ ... later.html
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I visited with Randy Weaver for about 20 minutes at a KCMO gun show, maybe 5-6 years after Ruby Ridge. He was still uncomfortable, angry and sad about that mess,-and who wouldn't be? I am sorry to hear of his passing and I hope he found peace.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Sad day, but he's beyond fretting about what happened all those years ago. May he rest in peace! Glad his daughter has been able to put the past behind her.
Last edited by 1894cfan on Sat May 14, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Sad day, but he's beyond fretting about what happened all those year ago. May he rest in peace! Glad his daughter has been able to put the past behind her."
--1894CFAN

Agreed!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JimT wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 am Some years ago ... not long after Randy Weaver's trial .. I spent time talking with his daughter Sara. I could tell her wounds were not healed .. spiritual, emotional wounds. She was very gracious then, just a young lady. I was happy to read this article about her and see she has found some peace in Jesus.

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/2012/ ... later.html
It's the only way one could move on and heal from something like seeing your mom get her head blown apart while standing there holding your baby sister in her arms; either the anger would consume you, or God would heal you.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

May he rest in peace.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This sure brought up some bad memories. Hope Sara continues to find peace in the Nazarene.
I wonder what ever happened to Lon Horiuchi.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not sure. I sure hope Lonnie Long Gun sees the error of his ways. If not, he could find out what being absolutely without hope is like. Not my call, but that is what the Word says.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost