Browning BL22 vs BL2. Micro Midas stock question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Browning BL22 vs BL2. Micro Midas stock question

Post by kaschi »

For those of you who have handled both of these: Is the Micro Midas stock noticeably shorter than the standard length stock? The Micro Midas intrigues me because of its handier, shorter 16" barrel but I'm not a small person and therefore am not sure HOW MUCH of a difference there would be as far as stock dimensions go. Upon first glance, I never gave it a thought that the shorter barreled version would have a shorter stock until it was pointed out in some literature. Figured it was the same concept as the Win 94 Carbine vs Win 94 Trapper.
Mark in MO
Levergunner

Re: Browning BL22 vs BL2. Micro Midas stock question

Post by Mark in MO »

I've never handled a Micro Midas, in fact I had to look it up. That said I do however have a regular BL-22 that was my first "real" gun. It fit really well when I was 14 but now many years later am 6-1. I still shoot it but the length of pull now feels a little short. Over all length is about 36" I believe, not far from an M-1 carbine. I guess I'm saying the standard is a pretty handy sized rifle, at least to me.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Browning BL22 vs BL2. Micro Midas stock question

Post by kaschi »

Oh that's interesting. The Micro will probably feel really short then!