How You Treat the Janitor

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

How You Treat the Janitor

Post by Old No7 »

I was raised this way...

My dear late Mother had a Masters Degree in Education, while my Father learned a trade and was blue collar; they both encouraged us to follow the advice of this meme. Especially our mom, and she reminded us all the time (and it paid off later in life at various jobs). At school, she'd always ask the janitor how he or his family were, what they did on vacation, etc. and she remembered him well at Christmas or on his birthday.

Other supposedly "educated" teachers looked down on the man without a high school education who only pushed a mop...
The Janitor.jpg

--> Guess who had the cleanest room in the school?

Thanks Mom. RIP.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
piller
Posting leader...

Re: How You Treat the Janitor

Post by piller »

Good advice.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have always had respect for those who do jobs that most people wouldn't do. Without those people life would be miserable.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Absolutely agree. Folks that others treat with contempt can really provide you with important information that you may not otherwise have. Some lawyers never learn that they need to make friends with the staff and bailiffs at the Courthouse.

I cannot stand to see someone who is rude to waitstaff. That's someone who is bringing you food! Always treat them with respect and kindness.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Often the janitor has more sense than the CEO, snd nearly always, has more interesting stories...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Oh Boy, you touched on subject near and dear to my heart as a school psychologist of 20 years, now taking early retirement. Even in my very first school district in Hollister, CA, I made friends with the janitors and used them as mentors to my elementary school students. Also, some of the "ahem" improprieties of the management were only viewed by the night shift of janitors in the same district. Fast forward to the last 2 years with COVID in Willits. My local janitors in Willits Unified are on the "front line" of defending against COVID.
They sanitize the classrooms every night, and when there is a "positive" test, they are the "first responders" and get all dressed up in "Ghost Buster" gear, and sanitize the room.
My personal janitor friend at Blosser Lane Elementary is named Val. He is a hard working guy, and replaces the batteries in my hanging school clock when they fail without me even asking him too. Couldn't ask for a better man or janitor to protect our elementary school!!! I do my best to respect him every time I see him and we do talk. Sincerely,
-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Treat everyone with respect. Till they lose that privilege by their actions. What Grandad taught me.

C.T.----have a cousin that lives in Willits----small world
DadsMod12
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DadsMod12 »

My grandmother was a teacher, my mother was a teacher and I taught for 36 years. When I got my first job my mom told me to make friends and be nice to the janitor and the secretary. When I retired the janitors got together and rented a limo to take me to my retirement party.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds as if we have some well raised members here.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

DadsMod12, great story!! Thank you for it! Everyone in the school system plays their part. School secretaries in particular, but also school janitors. Everyone is a part of the team and very much valued! School secretaries are particularly well valued in MHO. They do a lot for me, but so do the janitors as has been spoken of! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, those who do jobs we can thankful we don't have to... deserve the utmost respect.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I cleaned for a well off Mexican family, and I'm white! That tell you something????? :mrgreen: