May 2022 Guns & Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

May 2022 Guns & Ammo

Post by Griff »

Has a nice article on a Uberti 1885 in 303 British. Called the Courteney Stalking Rifle. A little history on the "stalking rifle" and this model's namesake also.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: May 2022 Guns & Ammo

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Griff, I have long admired the .303 British. We know its reputation as a military cartridge, but the French explorer and hunter Edouard Foa used a double rifle in .303 for the vast majority of his harvests on his epic four-year, 7,200-mile hunt across central Africa. I bet that Uberti stalking rifle would be a joy to hunt with.
Cannot recommend this book highly enough!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/450 ... ral_Africa
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I really wanted one of those Baikal double rifles in .30/06, but I havnt got one as yet....one in .303 would be perfect.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I keep looking at those. I wanted one of the Ruger No.1s when they made a few in .303 but they disappeared in a hurry. Last one I saw was way more than I wanted to pay for it.
The .303 British has been a long time favorite. Bought my first Enfield for $75 out of a guy's trunk in a Kmart parking lot when I was 16. I've been shooting and reloading for it ever since. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I have one of the Ruger no 1s in 303 brit.I put one of the Ruger style express sights on it.I also have a BSA Lee Speed in 303 as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

barbarossa wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:01 am I have one of the Ruger no 1s in 303 brit.I put one of the Ruger style express sights on it.I also have a BSA Lee Speed in 303 as well
Nice! :mrgreen:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"