Reeder Custom Guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Reeder Custom Guns

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd forgotten all the wildcat rounds he can set you up with...

https://reedercustomguns.com/informatio ... ridges.htm

...food for thought for my Ruger No1.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Reeder Custom Guns

Post by .45colt »

I think you will be up nights trying to decide............. :D .
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I've been tempted for years to have my Ruger Bisley 357 Mag converted to 356 GNR.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Every time I look at his website.my imagination.runs rampant with spending and possibilities
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

Pick up an extra cylinder and have it converted to 356, do you have both. I have a 6.5” Blackhawk in 357/356GNR, SS well as a S&W 627 with both cylinders. It is a great round
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

One of the most remarkable and unique gunsmiths of our time, don't wait too long, these guys don't live forever! Most of my gunsmiths are retired or dead now. Regards, -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Francosonny1120
Levergunner

Post by Francosonny1120 »

A little out of my range, a lot out. But you can always dream. That's the fun of seeing guns like these. They are beautiful. Thanks for showing them. You have a good one.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bearskinner wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:44 pm Pick up an extra cylinder and have it converted to 356, do you have both. I have a 6.5” Blackhawk in 357/356GNR, SS well as a S&W 627 with both cylinders. It is a great round
That looks nice. I wonder how hard it would be to fix up a levergun in that round - looks like a 180 grain bullet would go close to 2,000 FPS fairly easily.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

If you have a 357 lever gun, just have it reamed out to the 41 mag rear case, using the original barrel. There’s plenty of meat there.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

That is a totally awesome site! :o 8) :D

I'm a big fan of the 41 Mag, and some of those wildcats had me drooling nearly uncontrollably. 8)

Now Old Mutha Lotto's gotta smile down on me.... :) :D :)

-Stretch
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

Bearskinner wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:44 pm Pick up an extra cylinder and have it converted to 356, do you have both. I have a 6.5” Blackhawk in 357/356GNR, SS well as a S&W 627 with both cylinders. It is a great round
I've gone down that road years ago trying to fit a cylinder for a Ruger Vaquero and it was very frustrating! Either the cylinder was a hair too long or too short and would have cost more to modify than what the gun was worth at that time. Still, would like to convert the Bisley at some point but I'm dealing with a Ruger #1 project at the moment so all of my slush money is going into that.

Mainehunter
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

Once one project is about done, another one gets started (or a few started) that’s part of the joy of a “Custom” making what you want, exactly the way you want it.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Isn’t Gary Reeder the guy who makes those tacky looking custom jobs with fuzzy dice and junk like that engraved on them? Lol
There’s some interesting reviews of him on the internet…
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bridger wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:19 am Isn’t Gary Reeder the guy who makes those tacky looking custom jobs with fuzzy dice and junk like that engraved on them? Lol
There’s some interesting reviews of him on the internet…
Gary's been a personal friend for more than 25 years.
He will engrave pretty much whatever a person wants on their gun if it's possible.
There's no accounting for taste.
Here's one of his latest ... Based on Ruger with Mongolian stag grips and Colt New Frontier barrel ... .44-40 caliber.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Wow, I don't think Gary Reeder needs to apologize for anything. He's been around forever. Bridger, Your post is just just plain wrong! Gary's knowledge and chamberings of "wild cats" is far and away what anyone else offers. Now you call him out Bridger. Sorry, but you are wrong. And I'm trying to be kind here but boy are you so wrong! -Tutt
Last edited by CowboyTutt on Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

Bridger wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:19 am Isn’t Gary Reeder the guy who makes those tacky looking custom jobs with fuzzy dice and junk like that engraved on them?

I have a 12 year old truck, still absolutely stock looking, except more aggressive tires, due to snow country. Some folks put big gold wheels, tires that stick way out the sides, all colors of trim, or chrome, etc on their brand new trucks, and love it. Pretty much like decking out your gun. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” leave it stock, or engrave the thing to death. It’s your gun.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Gary is a really good gunsmith. Some of the things he has made do not turn me on, but they are solid and great shooting guns.

Some of the things he has made are really great!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

We’ve had a bunch of stuff Reeder did for sale at the shop . Seems a local fellow used to collect Reeder Custom Guns . Leave the embellishment out of the equation and I’m fine with the product . For a number of years I wanted a Marlin 1895 chambered in Reeders rendition of the 45-70 necked up to .475” .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

One of my favorite carry guns I own, was built by Gary reeder. It is absolutely plain, no engraving, and fairly understated. It looks and feels exactly like I envisioned.