Who has shot this new Norma .22 ammo?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Who has shot this new Norma .22 ammo?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I guess I have been out of the loop. Copper-plated zinc core, 24 grains, at 1700 fps! I wonder how accurate it is.

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/ ... 58d79730e2
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Who has shot this new Norma .22 ammo?

Post by AJMD429 »

Lol - zinc now just like the pennies...(but at least you can make pennies into a battery now really easily)...

However for 22 ammo just might be a GOOD idea...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

The wind drift ought to be impressive. The SD is that of a 45 gr 30 cal.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I read over on Rimfire Central that it was not very accurate -- "minute of squirrel" out to about 20 yards.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Bill, CCI has a similar round. Never shot it but heard not much good. I am impressed with the CCI 32 and 36gr Segmented ammo. I havent tried the Quiet Segmented yet at 700fps or so velocity to see how they perform. Maybe I'll do that sometime this week.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

3leggedturtle wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:20 am Bill, CCI has a similar round. Never shot it but heard not much good. I am impressed with the CCI 32 and 36gr Segmented ammo. I havent tried the Quiet Segmented yet at 700fps or so velocity to see how they perform. Maybe I'll do that sometime this week.
I was not impressed with the cci quiets segmented.
Fairly accurate but no expansion or frangibility.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

In my experience with the segmented quiets it does a good job out to 30 or so yards on small game, beyond that you might as well use the solids. I usually use a 24" 39a.
Long time ago I picked up the Hanned Line SGB tools for shorts, LRs and mags that make it easier to file a flat point on the lead tips, kinda an old fashioned way of what Paco made. Also got the tool for .308s that also work on 300blk heavy subsonic rounds. Bullets so treated sure do a number on what ever they hit.
CCIs version is a VERY poor copy that's really not worth getting unless there's nothing else available! That's my opinion anyway. :wink:
I just wish CCI had used their SGB bullet in the Quiet Solids instead of a pointy RN bullet, would have been LOTS more effective on game.
Francosonny1120
Levergunner

Post by Francosonny1120 »

I love this ammo. I'm in Colorado, and I had to order this online last 3 years ago before the online ammo ban. Out of my Ruger 10/22 in a Gungner Inc AR-style chassis, this stuff is VERY accurate. Definitely out shot my bulk 22lr ammo.