New lever action project

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

New lever action project

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

From Chief AJ for a Daisy Red Rider
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New lever action project

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Liking this. Some youngster is going to have a smile on his or her face. 8)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I always wanted a Daisy Red Rider, when my son came along I could only find the Daisy 95b... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I recieved a Daisy Red Rider two Christmases ago at a White Elephant deal. I have not even taken it out of the box.

When I was a kid we had what is probably now known as a Daisy Cub and my brother and I were deadly sparrow killers (if I wasn't saved, I would probably go to hell just for the vast numbers of sparrows we killed).

I was always jelous of the boys who had Red Riders. The current Red Riders have a lot of plastic on them. Wish I had an old one.

Anyway, this kit includes a man sized buttstock and an aluminum lever to replace the plastic one. It is supposed to come with a website that I can review videos to teach me how to do instinctive and arial shooting.

So, I will fit and finish the stock and see what I can learn as I have a great privacy fenced back yard to play in.
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Scott, can't wait to see the finished product! All them early air rifles, BB & Pellet rifles, had a profound effect on me! I won't get into the boring stuff, bit show us what you come up with? I've got a 14 month old granddaughter, you may influence me toward something I've already been wondering about for her!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

My vermin killer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Scott,

Chief AJ was a really cool guy. I have one of his 10/22 Scout rifles. He used to come to the Ohio Gun Collectors Shows, got me hooked on the scout rifles.

Looking forward to your new project.

Jason
Last edited by 2ndovc on Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:54 am ...

When I was a kid we had what is probably now known as a Daisy Cub and my brother and I were deadly sparrow killers (if I wasn't saved, I would probably go to hell just for the vast numbers of sparrows we killed).

You & I have way too much in common ;)

I got my Cub for my 5th birthday, which would have been 1961. They didn't have a safety on them then and one of the first things you learned was to never, ever bump the trigger with the lever hanging open. Once was plenty. We had lots of copperheads and some cotton-mouths around the cattail pond. One of the reasons I got that BB gun at 5 was to help thin them out the next summer. The first head shot would knock them silly and then you could salt 'em down real good.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Sarge wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:43 pm I got my Cub for my 5th birthday, which would have been 1961. They didn't have a safety on them then and one of the first things you learned was to never, ever bump the trigger with the lever hanging open. Once was plenty. We had lots of copperheads and some cotton-mouths around the cattail pond. One of the reasons I got that BB gun at 5 was to help thin them out the next summer. The first head shot would knock them silly and then you could salt 'em down real good.
That brings back lots of memories. We killed the heck out of water snakes too. Minnows in the pond were good targets as well if they were close to the surface. Bullfrogs just could not take a BB.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Used to shoot piles of locusts as a kid. You had to fire and retreat immediately cause they might fly over and micturate on your hat. We'd disturb yellow jacket nests with cane poles and smack em with a ping pong paddle in each hand to overcome the boredom of a long hot summer.