Black Aces

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Black Aces

Post by jkbrea »

Anyone ever own a Black Aces firearm? I believe they're fairly new and produce ammo also. They make this LEVER action 7 shot 12 gauge shotgun in 4 models! Affordable, (about $400), and American made!
I only heard of them through Atlantic Firearms when I bought a PTR MP5 through them. There is a YouTube review on it.
American made levers gun in 12 ga. "Murica!
Screenshot_20220401-092501_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Black Aces

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hmmm. I thought they were made in Turkey, not that that is a bad thing. I love a lever, but believe a pump would be much faster "delivering the goods."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Y2K bought that exact lever-action half a year ago or so. It shoots well, is smooth, and a lot of fun. Modern take on a lever-action shotgun.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:43 pm Hmmm. I thought they were made in Turkey, not that that is a bad thing. I love a lever, but believe a pump would be much faster "delivering the goods."
Found this
Screenshot_20220401-203910_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

There was a time when "Made in the USA: meant that the entire product -- parts, assembly, etc., was done in the USA.

The response from company says that the shotguns are "...produced in house...."(emphasis added RCN). The operative is word is "produced". Have feeling if it was made in the US, the manufacturer would say so. Several years ago, The US gov't. required Delta Tools change its Uni-saw label or ads, which originally claimed "Made in the USA" with a US flag on the sticker. The made in the USA was dropped as it was shown that the saw had parts fabricated off-shore. Today, some of the tool companies tout "Assembled in the US from foreign and domestic parts".
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I dont know about the gun but their 12G ammo is terrible.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'll be darned. Produced in house in the USA.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Yep American made. Idk if this means every single part but whatever. Even Leupold imports glass. I don’t really care as I have guns made in at least four continents the majority being from the USA.

I found a lawsuit that Black Aces sued Mossberg for patent infringement concerning their shotguns made for detachable box magazines. The lawsuit states that both parties manufacture their shotguns in the States.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Several sources I found said they make the receiver and assemble with Turkish parts in the US. So, whatever. About like most "American" cars...
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I got a Rock Island Armory 12 ga semi auto. It's Turkish made and runs awesome. It's the most fun shotgun I've ever shot. The AR platform and aftermarket buttstock removes almost all recoil. I can unload a 20 round drum of slugs with no pain. And that's with a shoulder replacement. 5 shots with my Rem 870 and I'm hurting.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

JK, glad you can afford all those slugs loads! I can't.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I cant anymore! Had a bunch leftover from L.E. days. Shouldn't have burned 'em up!