Modernizing your Levergun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Modernizing your Levergun

Post by 444Hal »

Besides, a corvette won't make it across the yard where you really need a 4-wheel drive.
Levergunning & Handloading
Yeah, I roll my own pilgrim
Lar45
Levergunner

Post by Lar45 »

Here's my tactical Levergun...
It has the Picatinny ring up front to mount a Green Hog Light on...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That oughta thump anything that needs thumped...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This guy 'qualified' on an Ohio Police Tactical Carbine Course with his Marlin 1894...

https://youtu.be/XcUoGQIST1U

8)
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Cool video, thanks Doc! -A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Heck I remember when the whole idea behind the AR15/M16 was light and handy. They finally made the thing work halfa$$ed but it sure ain’t light and handy anymore.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah I have a really light AR, but my 'go-to' one has a heavy 18" barrel and an ACOG sight and so-on so is definitely NOT. 'light weight's.

Here's a series on 'tactical' (I hate that over-used word) levergun setups.

https://youtu.be/lpTtLoOe2nc?list=PL5_F ... rRsYqExLcn

mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

My R92 is 20" barrel, standard wood/blued and wears a bushnell red dot and flashlight with remote pressure switch. Being a Rossi Im not too concerned about it getting wet or dirty.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think they finally made 12 videos. This 8th one is kind of a recap.

https://youtu.be/dDpqQnJVWQM

I am actually going to get the adjustable buttstock because the Ranger Point Precision forend made my 357 Marlin so light weight and handy that the buttstock just feels like a brick now.

P.S. - got the buttstock... :o :shock:
9176.jpeg
I think for a family with multiple people trying to use the same gun, where there might be youngsters or petite females sensitive to recoil a short barrel 357 in such a configuration would make a dandy house gun, perhaps superior to anything else (including the classic AR-15). For a household with experienced adult shooters, I would probably opt for the extra couple rounds and longer barrel of the 1894 Marlin and the extra power of 44 mag or 45 colt.

I like the Streamlight green laser on a home protection gun, whether pistol or long gun, especially because if you combine it with a red dot sight, you know which is which. The way I set them up the laser and light are usually under the barrel and so are mostly going to be useful from zero to 50 ft because of the geometry of the laser versus trajectory of the bullet. Beyond 50 ft the red dot would be the appropriate one use because that site is above the barrel and will have a point blank range farther from the muzzle.

As far as I Red Dot sight, the ones that automatically turn on when the gun is picked up are pretty cool, and I have had several brands without any of them giving me failures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.