Pistol Rests

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Pistol Rests

Post by JimT »

I have used a lot of different things for resting a pistol when doing long range shooting or sighting in or just using a rest. As I said before, sitting down with the gun held between my knees is one of my favorites for long range work. I have used rolled up carpet scraps.
recoil.JPG
I have used sleeping bags. NOTE: the blast out the cylinder gap can be hard on the bag!
IMG_3221.JPG
My most used pistol rest is the Outers Pistol Perch. Been using this since the 1990's.
IMG_3217.JPG
The "seat" is adjustable up and down, the "V" rest is adjustable up and down, the entire assembly can be tilted up or down or moved left and right for windage. It locks in place when you have it where you want it.
IMG_3218.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG
It ain't "THE BEST" but it works well and is easy to use ... works OK for short rifles also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.