One more time !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

One more time !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’ve kinda gotten hung up on accumulating Parker skeet and trap guns all in 12 gauge so far . Anyway I got a trap single first , then a VHE skeet , then a couple more trap singles . Today I finalized a deal for a circa 1937 VHE 12 gauge 32” vent rib with Monte Carlo stock , beavertail and single trigger . All were factory done options . If I’m not mistaken there were something along the lines of 140-150 Parker vent rib guns of which thirty or so were VH/VHE grade and of those fewer still were actual trap guns as some were field guns . Anyway ones coming to Virginia in the next week or so . Here are a few pics the seller took .
CCECBDC7-9E2E-469B-AD7A-B5F9AEEF1712.jpeg
B2D2C359-ABCB-49FF-9F02-FE76543E6EC7.jpeg
C8024BF6-59CB-4098-B631-23FD7BFDF68F.jpeg
A338A6E4-4861-49AD-AF77-27FC566ACB7C.jpeg
F06CD318-4F75-412A-8E8B-4A6B1F0AB0EF.jpeg
05258C43-9CC8-47E4-AF05-D13582D93816.jpeg
21B20746-F737-43B0-BBF5-AB1D95DDC278.jpeg
F3B3CD5B-EED3-4BBC-9152-E4F983D129EB.jpeg
CF6C0D00-059A-43A7-8D3A-2BA03C78F6FA.jpeg
29CDE86B-76A8-4FF8-86E2-30913255D1CC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: One more time !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I failed to mention this is a Parker made after Remington took over same as my skeet gun . The skeet is a 1936 gun and this ones a 1937 gun .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That'll do just fine!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:23 pm That'll do just fine!
This ones going to Sanford in less than 4 weeks for the Southern Side by Side . Well provided I can hit with the thing , which I hope works nicely as I have hopes for this one in the pigeon ring as well as tower shoots and possibly sporting .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

What started as a dozen guns for Sanford has slowly turned into 14 or 15 :roll:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Apart from one of the triggers falling off it looks beautiful.... congratulations another great find... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:32 pm Apart from one of the triggers falling off it looks beautiful.... congratulations another great find... :mrgreen:
I’m no advocate of the single selective trigger either but it is what it is 8)
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well as far as target guns go the second trigger is just redundant.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:58 pm Well as far as target guns go the second trigger is just redundant.
Well for doing the vintage stuff it kinda screws you up using a single trigger gun in one or two of the classes . I’ve yet to see a vintage single trigger hammer gun .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes I suppose in that case yes, however it is a vintage gun!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:27 pm Yes I suppose in that case yes, however it is a vintage gun!
Oh no doubt and it’ll be shot in an event or two provided I can hit my backside with both hands . I’ve however in the last couple years had a couple brain fanny burbs when switching from single trigger to double trigger . And not a huge amount but still a few times . I have a single trigger VHE 20 gauge 26” and was shooting skeet , several times I tried to get my finger behind the single trigger to pull an imaginary second trigger . Another time at a shoot last year I shot a friend’s beautiful VHE 16 gauge single trigger skeet gun . Only fired the gun six times on the last station after we’d finished one fifty target event . On Sunday when we got back to the same station for the main event it was four simo pair cleaned the first three pair called for the fourth pair ink balled the first target , the second target floated out in front of me perfect and I never moved my finger just tried to make the right barrel go off twice and needless to say LOST !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

My two no safety pigeon guns will screw with my head if I shoot them a lot then switch to another gun with an automatic safety . Quite a few times I’ve hesitated because I didn’t kick the safety off thinking whatever gun it was , was the same as the pigeon guns .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think you are over thinking it but then again I've never had a problem with single to double triggers. I was taught that ya NEVER move a target guns safety- always left in the off position. As for double triggers, I didn't have a dt gun until about 6 years ago when I bought that CZ 410. I made the conscious plan that every time I shouldered it I would shoot both barrels. My subconscious now allows me to pick up any gun I own and shoot it without having to think about it, be it a pump, o/u or SxS.

One thing I do is remove automatic safeties. This is for me personally, I won't do that on other people's guns, no matter how much they want it, toooooo much liability.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:47 am I think you are over thinking it but then again I've never had a problem with single to double triggers. I was taught that ya NEVER move a target guns safety- always left in the off position. As for double triggers, I didn't have a dt gun until about 6 years ago when I bought that CZ 410. I made the conscious plan that every time I shouldered it I would shoot both barrels. My subconscious now allows me to pick up any gun I own and shoot it without having to think about it, be it a pump, o/u or SxS.

One thing I do is remove automatic safeties. This is for me personally, I won't do that on other people's guns, no matter how much they want it, toooooo much liability.
I never had a problem before either ! This might be a getting older thing . Oh yes removing the pin for the auto safety is an option as well as what another friend does by removing the entire safety . But I’d rather shoot as is .
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Thinking about pulling the trigger on. A dove or quail with the safety on makes me ill. I detest auto safety. I prefer single triggers too, but have a double trigger right beside me for snakes as it'll be 84 degrees today.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

octagon wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:07 am Thinking about pulling the trigger on. A dove or quail with the safety on makes me ill. I detest auto safety. I prefer single triggers too, but have a double trigger right beside me for snakes as it'll be 84 degrees today.
I don’t prefer single triggers , but wanted the three I have that ARE single trigger .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Gun showed up yesterday and feels real good from low gun or mounted . Shot it four times at pine cones when I got home but no flying clay targets yet .
313D4FF2-5E2F-454E-8062-17C9AEAA326A.jpeg
2236C908-9997-4F81-8C98-D101C1BA535F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The person I got this one from has a Parker VHE 20 gauge 26” skeet in skeetout , straight grip , single trigger , checkered butt and beavertail forend gun he told me he’s thinking about letting go . The Parker letter is with the gun and it appears to be a legit skeet gun . This is so very tempting .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Now that I would like very much, a 20ga skeet gun!

Oh hey before I forget, the bunker schedule is up on the Ontelaunee Rod & Gun website. Have to look at the master schedule for dates- if you have the urge to take a ride and try the game.

If ya can't figure out the schedule let me know and I'll send it to you.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

At the moment I’ve got a five day shoot in NC in April , a four day in June in PA a month trip to Philippines in mid June thru mid July another four day shoot in PA in late July and finally a shoot in SC in October . With atleast one pigeon shoot in august . But I’ll look .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Oh I just looked on their website a practice day sounds Intresting . If I go up 81/78 that’s not to bad just a little over four hours . Got up their around noon shot a bit and could still be home hopefully by 7 or 8 .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

👍👍👍
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Finally got around to shooting the vent rib trap gun today at s benefit SC’s event . Can’t say I broke them all as there were two or three targets I never saw . But I certainly smoked some quite long targets ! So I felt pretty good about the gun . I’ve not measured points of constriction in either barrels , but the way it smoked some far out birds I’d say this thing is choked full in the right barrel and xtra full in the left .