39a loading problems

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Racer7696
Levergunner

39a loading problems

Post by Racer7696 »

Hey guys inherited a 39a. My cousin said a little flat piece of metal once came out of the gun through ejection port. Now ive taken gun apart . Everything looks there acording to breakdown. The gun is clesn and oiled. It seems to have a problem loading ammo . Any ideas.
Racer7696
Levergunner

Re: 39a loading problems

Post by Racer7696 »

So i found a possible problem. Is this spring supposed to be like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Racer7696
Levergunner

Post by Racer7696 »

So when i cycle the gun sometimes the bullet gets jamed I then have to back bteech up a 5ad and then it will go in.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Bump to top.
Welcome to the fire... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Look at the top of the receiver on the inside. There should be a flat narrow leaf type spring that is the cartridge guide in the inside top. A single screw through the top holds it in place, and they occasionally break over many years. If it has broken it's likely the culprit. Easy to fix, and easy to find. Looks like this, and usually cost less than $5.

Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 am Look at the top of the receiver on the inside. There should be a flat narrow leaf type spring that is the cartridge guide in the inside top. A single screw through the top holds it in place, and they occasionally break over many years. If it has broken it's likely the culprit. Easy to fix, and easy to find. Looks like this, and usually cost less than $5.

This.

Sometimes Bubba removes the little screw on top of the receiver that holds this part in, thinking it is a scope mount screw. Of course, this causes the cartridge guide spring to fall out.