My Taylors Takedown 44 magnum carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldNavyCTT2
Levergunner

My Taylors Takedown 44 magnum carbine

Post by OldNavyCTT2 »

I have pretty much finished my project. My eye sight at 68+ ain't exactly 20/20. I can not focus on both the rear and the front sights quick enough to acquire my target. This is where the Vortex SPARC Solar red dot with a battery life of 150,000 hours comes in handy. With both eyes open, the adjustable brightness red dot is on target immediately. The 44 special rounds hold a one hole group at 25 yards. I will be testing Hornady's Leverevalution ammo later when the snow and ice storms clear here in Colorado. The Wild Wild Dill sleeve with ammo pouch, cheek pad, fixed anti slide strap and stock protecter leather that separates stock finish from the tiedown cord is absolutely the best extra ammo carrior if I am away from my molle pouch or need to change ammo from 44 spl to 44 mag, change type of ammo, or just carry for fun. At $47 bucks who cares what for. Notice how Aleksa staggered the top row of 5 rounds with the second row of 4 rounds. This allows the rounds to be in a single layer. This makes the pouch smaller in signature. The rifle holds 9 rounds of 44 while the 357 carbine holds 10 rounds. Just ask Aleksa to stagger the two rows for a total reload at your finger tips.

I am going to order the matching padded sling someday soon. This sleeve with cheek pad, anti slide strap (either plain or adjustable), leather stock protector (all stitched in) and ammo pouch is 45 USD with ginger leather, ginger suede and ginger thread. I carry extra ammo in my molle pouch. Check out wildwilddill.com My sellection, all in, was $47.00 and it is clearly worth $$$s if custom made in the USA. The production time was just a couple of days. The shipping time (30 days give or take a few) was pretty long due to international shipping, customs, USPS pick up overseas, US customs and USPS from New York to Colorado. The tracking program that is emailed in the invoice covered overseas travel and USPS pick up through to delivery to purchaser. Be patient, it works very well. I can't believe this sleeve cost me only $47.00 shipped. It is top quality and color fast. Enjoy the pics.

If you contact Aleksa (owner/manager) at wildwilddill.com tell him Bob sent ya. I only communicated with him via email. You can visit his facebook account and see lots of pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by OldNavyCTT2 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Taylors Takedown 44 magnum carbine

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Nice!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

That is one very nice set up & great photos!!

Brad
bobo06
Levergunner

Post by bobo06 »

I'm looking to put a red dot on my winchester/ miroku 1892 deluxe takedown. What mount did you use?
The only thing I've found us Turnbulls red dot mount, and it's for a round barrel. I bought it with the intention of running a 3/8 endmill down the center to just take out the top of the radius to sit on my octagon barrel
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Its a dandy for sure. My winchester 92 deluxe is my go to rifle for everything.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

As far as mounts go. I took mine to a gunsmith and had an 8" picatinney rail mounted to the barrel. Works great
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

bobo06 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:56 am I'm looking to put a red dot on my winchester/ miroku 1892 deluxe takedown. What mount did you use?
The only thing I've found us Turnbulls red dot mount, and it's for a round barrel. I bought it with the intention of running a 3/8 endmill down the center to just take out the top of the radius to sit on my octagon barrel
If you have a traditional or original Winchester with a 3/8 sight doverail, I like the mount from Doug Turnbull.
We have had one on my dad's 32WS 1894 Trapper for several years. It has been fantastic. It was 45 dollars, I think (several years ago). We have a Burris FF3 mounted on it. It has held zero perfectly under field conditions for several years.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldNavyCTT2
Levergunner

Post by OldNavyCTT2 »

bobo06,
This is the factory rear sight with rail all in one. I decided to keep the peep sight on in case I need to remove the red dot. I have decide that I am interested in the Taylors 1892 Tackdown, the Marlin Cowboy, or the Henry Big Boy Color Case Hardened 20" barreled rifle. I do not want to remove the rear sight on any of my leveraction rifles. This is because the Taylors picatinny rail and the Marlin and Henry have drilled and tapped recivers. My next rifle will be the 357 magnum leveraction rifle.
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

I have the 20" Alaskan from Chiappa (Taylor's)

I like it a lot. I have the older style rail with fewer slots which I don't like.

I've just had an XS sights 1892 put at the back of the receiver on mine as a back up. I like red dots but I am currently running a 2.5x28 Leupold scout scope on mine.

Scrummy
kasTX
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kasTX »

Ugh, makes me ill just looking at it!

Not the rifle, that’s awesome. 😀

The price tag on that box of 44 Mag. 😳
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

kasTX wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:15 am Ugh, makes me ill just looking at it!

Not the rifle, that’s awesome. 😀

The price tag on that box of 44 Mag. 😳
:lol: :lol: :lol: But true! :shock:

Sweet carbine you got there! :mrgreen: