The joke is on me.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

The joke is on me.

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I’ve been waiting for it to get cold to go deer hunting. Well, it’s cold and there were nice bucks out this morning…..but the season is over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: The joke is on me.

Post by Blaine »

Yup...just like fishing. "Ya should have been here yesterday."
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

When I was a kid we never had deer like this. But we have been working hard at building the herd and taking out that which was inferior.

Its paying off. But I have been sitting back and watching instead of shooting.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

It's funny how many big Deer go unnoticed until a game camera is put up. One of My neighbor's young relatives was hunting about 800'from where I'm sitting. opening day of the Youth Hunt. up in a tree stand and shoots a non typical buck that field dressed at 242lb. a nasty ugly rack , and no one around here ever saw that one. it was hard to believe.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hmmm... cold... South Texas... isn't that when you're comfortable in a long sleeve t-shirt? :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

With friends from all over the US and some up in Canada, each year when hunting season rolls around I get the itch to hit the woods. It only intensifies as the year rolls along, hitting its peak about two weeks before Thanksgiving which is roughly when the MO rifle season starts. Since that's the season I've hunted the most up there, that's the one that really kicks in. I'm amazed at how long some of the deer seasons go in other states. MO's is about 10 days long, with a short antlerless only after Thanksgiving and some special seasons scattered around (mostly youth, etc).

Those are indeed some interesting racks. "There's always next year", of course. 8)
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
MS 9x56
Levergunner

Post by MS 9x56 »

I have found over the years that the best time to go hunting is when you can. Killed a lot of game in less than optimal or desirable weather.
Life is too short to hunt with ugly guns
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:20 pm I’ve been waiting for it to get cold to go deer hunting. Well, it’s cold and there were nice bucks out this morning…..but the season is over.
same here in florida!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I hate deer hunting in warm weather. WHY, it takes a whole lot of time off how long you have to process the deer. I think it was about 60 F when I shot my buck this year in KS. I prefer the temps ranging 25-30 F. WHY, because the ground is good and frozen and I dont get stuck! Ideal weather for the deer IMO is around 35-40 F because you can let it hang if you have the right spot.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”