Feeding Cattle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Feeding Cattle

Post by JimT »

An old cowboy heard there was tent revival meeting being held near the ranch and he decided to ride over one evening and see what the preacher had to say. He saddled up and when he got to the tent meeting he tied up his horse, looking around and not seeing anyone. In the tent he saw the preacher sitting on the front row. The preacher greeted him and said, "No one but you has shown up this evening. I am thinking of just closing up and calling it a night."

The cowboy said, "Well parson, when my boss sends me out to feed the cattle, if I find one cow I feed one cow. If I find the herd I feed the herd."

"You are right," the preacher said. Then he proceeded to get behind the pulpit and get out the song book. He led the cowboy in singing 5 different hymns. Then he got out the Good Book and started preaching in Exodus and followed the children of Israel all the way into the Promised Land. After an hour and a half of preaching he said a prayer and ended it. Coming down to the old cowboy he asked, "Well, what did you think?"

The cowboy was quiet for a bit and then said, "When my boss sends me out to feed the cattle, if I find the herd I feed the herd. If I find one cow I feed one cow but I don't make it eat the whole darned load!"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Feeding Cattle

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Re: Feeding Cattle

Post by 1894cfan »

THAT was a knee slapper! Thanks. :lol: