I bet it's loud........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

I bet it's loud........

Post by .45colt »

Got the new American Rifleman yesterday. In the dope bag they test a Magnum Research BFR chambered in the 350 Legend. that thing weighs 4lb, 14ozs and they put a scope on it. :shock: ......MSRP is $1,344. not for Me. the muzzle blast has to be something.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I bet it's loud........

Post by GunnyMack »

Just saw that, the thing I don't get with this 350 is how 'poorly' it shoots, more that 1&1/2+ inch average groups from ARs, bolt guns & now the BFR. I'm not all that interested in this cartridge but I wonder if folks have been able to improve it by hand loading?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'm with ya on that one. When I was looking for a big bore AR, I looked at the .350 briefly. Noting about it kept my interest after reading a bit about it. I ended up with a .450 Bushmaster. Not as much capacity, but with a round that big, I didn't see that I would need more than 7-10 in a mag. The accuracy with the .450 from my Windham AR has been spectacular. Enough so that I'm thinking it would be fun in a cingle shot or bolt action.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

While I am not a fan of the "legend" you can actually tighten up the groups substantially by using .358 projectiles. At least that is the consensus on some of the.other forums
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Jason, I have a 450 also, seems like every bullet, powder combo I've tried has been a stellar performer- like 1 hole groups are the norm.
I often scratched my head wondering why Winchester didn't make it .358 to begin with. Much better selection of bullets for hunting/ defensive type. Sure 9mm bullets are everywhere but NOT really the same selection of proven 357 mag bullets...
Ah well variety is the spice of life.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

What rifle cartridge isnt loud in a 10" or shorter barrel. Especially when you run'em at 45,000psi or more. Had a few 350's thru the shop. They wouldn't group no better than 3" at 50 yards.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'd be curious to spend the time and effort to recut crown, bed & free float, bedding point etc and try to find out if a 350 legend could become a 1 hole rifle ... if someone GAVE me one. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Agree, it must be thunderous. I had a 30 carbine Blackhawk, great shooting revolver especially with cast bullets but it just about made your ears bleed if you ever shot it in the field without plugs or muffs. This seems like more of the same.

Eric
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I have been considering a .350 in an AR. Primary reasons is more power than a 5.56 and it seems to be reloader friendly. My only hesitation is I am underwhelmed with the accuracy and right now the high prices of ammo and the .350 just made a big jump. For the kind of money it would cost, I might as well buy me another 30-30.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”