Interesting pistols...... DOC and older guys!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Interesting pistols...... DOC and older guys!

Post by 3leggedturtle »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRDu8hnCCW8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJPsnFHBCEc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ9eY6WeSCc I almost bought this pistol, but was $750 and wanted to eat good this winter. Still drooling and thinking about it tho. :mrgreen: Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Interesting pistols...... DOC and older guys!

Post by AJMD429 »

I posted elsewhere on the S&W - "...plus the name is kind of cool..... isn't "CSX" the name of a freight train..."

I like my SIG P938, but gotta admit I'd have gone for a 'double stack' if one were available at the time I bought mine.

They are pretty similar other than capacity - and like the 45 ACP double-vs-single stacks, I'm betting little girth difference (45 ACP Colt 1911 7 shot grip only 3/16" less girth than my Para Ordnance 14-shot 1911). The chart says 1.1" vs 1.12" for the 9mm's in terms of firearm width.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig ... wesson-csx

Interesting gun-comparison site by the way...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I was thinking that those looked like an interesting little pistol. They lost me when the guy doing the review said that it's the same grip size as the Shield. The grip was one of the reasons I sold it. I liked the way it carried, but not the way it felt in my hand. Grips are totally subjective though, everyone is different.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Jason it comes down to conceal ability or nice handling. I just got an XD sub compact in 40 that fit my hand nicely. Cant wait to see how recoil is. Might just buy a 357 sig barrel for if i find one cheap enough. Just for the heck of it.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Understandable, but ya gotta be able to hit something. It took more centration to get a good grip on the Shield than it should have, but that's just me. It didn't fit. That's all I'm saying.

I've settled in on a Colt LW Commander and an S&W 442 that I find myself carrying a lot. I'd like to pick up a Colt Cobra with the 3" barrel. I was fondling one at the gun shop a couple weeks ago. They had two, but both sols since I was there. Have to be patient these days.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Just looked at the specs for the CXS, it's about the same as my Sig P938, except it appears my Sig has more steel.