Bury my heart

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Bury my heart

Post by wvfarrier »

I dont know if ya'll have read it but "Bury my heart at wounded knee" is just about the saddest thing I have ever read. It really puts on display just how evil mankind really is.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Bury my heart

Post by Blaine »

Note that this is what the government did when the Res refused to be disarmed.... :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I read it years ago and still remember thinking how awful that massacre was.
I did not know then how much was ended. When I look back now from this high hill of my old age, I can still see the butchered women and children lying heaped and scattered all along the crooked gulch as plain as when I saw them with eyes still young. And I can see that something else died there in the bloody mud, and was buried in the blizzard. A people's dream died there. It was a beautiful dream. And I, to whom so great a vision was given in my youth, — you see me now a pitiful old man who has done nothing, for the nation's hoop is broken and scattered. There is no center any longer, and the sacred tree is dead.[38]

— Black Elk (1863–1950), medicine man, Oglala Lakota
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Should be required reading in all high schools. Read it probably around early 80's. Sure changed my outlook. Along with Orwell.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes a very sad but interesting book.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I was blessed with a high school history teacher who made us read that, along with documentation of how the 'democratically elected' German government wound up becoming so perverse and violent.

I'm sure today such a teacher would be fired because she wasn't teaching 'critical race theory'.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Since you guys are on a bummer, it's happening all over again ALL OVER THE EFFING WORLD! :( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

1894cfan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:54 pm Since you guys are on a bummer, it's happening all over again ALL OVER THE EFFING WORLD! :( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
T H I S ^
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I don't consider it "being on a bummer" to confront the sins of our history.
As to our Native Americans, more than once I have been humbled by their great patriotism and love for this county after all they have suffered. Just go to a cemetery on any reservation, and kneel in gratitude at all the graves of the military veterans. Their warrior spirit is not dead. Yes, they are willing to fight and die for you and for me.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I come from a family with a lot of Cherokee blood and am often moved by books on Native history but this book, it has affected me deeply. I can almost feel their loss in my soul
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

We have Injuns in the woodpile here too, wvfarrier.

Wounded Knee is an ugly page of American history a lot of people would like to forget and obviously, a subject some here would prefer we don't discuss. But a little introspection, on a personal or national basis, never hurt anybody.

Gus sums it up nicely-
"If you only come face to face with your own mistakes once or twice in your life it's bound to be extra painful. I face mine every day--that way they ain't usually much worse than a dry shave.”
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The event was indeed tragic. But as to the evil that men do it is just one more of so many.

Growing up a fellow who worked with my dad had survived Dachau. A quiet man, more at hame with cows than people. I didn’t understand until later just what he had been through. The story of him and his fellow internees makes Wounded Knee pail by comparison.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

IP day.png
thanksgiving 2020 02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

765x53 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:31 pm
Right...I like that a lot 765x53.......it's all a one sided fantasy story told by liberals.

It's all in history...EVERY group of people have been massacred, abused, and enslaved by other groups of people.

History repeats itself and don't think for a minute OUR government WONT do it to you and me if given the chance.

Let law and order break down and see what your neighbor will do to you if they are starving and your not willing to give up your supplies.

When this pandemic gets into phase 5 or 6.....and it will, see how many of your "friends" or fellow "Christians" will deliver food to your table.

Mankind is inherently evil and self serving.

We are all living on the edge or civility and barbarism....and always have.....and always will.....

And that, my fine friends is why we have guns.

Birdman of Leverguns.