My new Tisas 1911

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

My new Tisas 1911

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Got out to the range this morning for the first outing with the new Tisas "Commander" B45 Carry. Ran 80 rounds of Winchester 230-grain hardball, and five each of Federal Hydroshock and Remington JHP.
The pistol performed flawlessly and wanted to shoot better than the operator did. I shot these targets from rest at 15 yards. The Hydroshocks did well; the sixth hole in that group was my error and is one of the Remington JHPs. My final group on paper is the one at lower right. I saw the first four bullets make one large hole and then got all excited and pulled the last shot just to the right -- typical.
I am going to have a trigger job done tomorrow. Guessing it is about 5 1/2 pounds with a bit of creep as it came from the factory. I also shot my Glock 48, and it felt every bit the "Tupperware 9" that it is in comparison to the all-steel .45. God bless the soul of John Browning!

JimT
Shootist

Re: My new Tisas 1911

Post by JimT »

NICE!! Thanks Bill. That looks like a Keeper!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Nice!

Good to see that they are consistent with being good shooters! Planning on ordering another 1911A1 style pistol in 9mm.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

"It will kill". And nice lookin.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Oldncrusty wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:17 pm "It will kill". And nice lookin.
:lol:

That guy is just cool!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

2ndovc wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:40 pm

That guy is just cool!

jb 8)
Fir sure.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that's Good Shootin', nice to see some targets that look so nice. good job.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Good shooting Bill and thanks for the report. I've been eyeballing the GI version of that Commander for a couple of weeks.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I got a Rock island armory 1911 in 9 mm that is real pleasant to shoot. Still I really like the 45 ACP better in most ways, but it's really good to see the 1911 'platform' kept alive with increasing variety of chambering and manufacturers and configurations.

I did test myself a couple of years ago using otherwise identical 1911's in 9 mm and 45 ACP, and although the testing wasn't very definitive, it did seem that I could get significantly faster follow-up shots with the 9mm if I really pushed myself, which might mean that in a defensive situation if there were multiple threats I could be better off with the 9 mm. Like most "x vs y" choices in chamberings, I'm sure the biggest factor is practice, practice, and more practice...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc -- speed of follow-ups is where the 9 typically edges the .45. Funny, after loading my mag with the big Browning rounds, then handling the relatively dinky 9mms, the word "twerp" came to mind. :lol:
I know, improvements in bullet design have made the 9 more effective, but I have carried a very favorable impression of the .45 ACP since about the age of 12, when the "Outdoor Life Complete Book of Shooting" arrived in the mail for this OL Book Club member and I fell under the spell of Jeff Cooper. My thinking was also shaped by the fact that Dad and most of the other fathers in our neighborhood were World War II combat vets, and a few still had .45s in their footlockers. The .45 was the symbol of American victory, and the 9 was associated with Lugers -- and the dark powers of the Axis. This will make no sense to the younger members here.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Bill, I just bought a Tisas Mil-Spec in 9mm just before i left for the winter. Wont get to shoot it til April. They sure are nice well made pistols. Ive been buying a few tupperware Compact and single stack pistols lately..
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:40 pm

That guy is just cool!

jb 8)
Yep! :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Nice looking gun Bill! And appears to be accurate too! Have fun with it!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/