New S&W Pistol

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

New S&W Pistol

Post by JimT »

CSX ... all metal (aluminum frame) .. not striker-fired .. it has a hammer!
2022010717234461d877204f054.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: New S&W Pistol

Post by Pisgah »

... and single action, and 12+1 capacity...

=
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Hmm the way I like my autos, Cockable and lockable
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I just ordered a Turkish 1911, and now here this is. Just wish it were in a more useful caliber.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Lots of YouTube reviews on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRDu8hnCCW8

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Somehow my original post "double posted" and I can't delete it so edited it instead. Trying to find out if it can handle +P and +P+ ammo. Also, its not perfect if your watch James' review, but a Performance Center version would be just awesome.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:46 pm I just ordered a Turkish 1911, and now here this is. Just wish it were in a more useful caliber.
I've heard good things about those, Bill. Once you wring it out I would love a report.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

My Grandson just purchased a Walther 9mm with ambi controls, but I have not shot it yet. Looks good though and he and my son claim that it is accurate.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like my little SIG P938 for the same reason; the exposed hammer.

If I'm going to carry something much bigger ('mid-size') I carry my 12 shot "Officer's Model" 1911 double stack Para Ordnance, cuz I do prefer 45 ACP.

Regardless, I just really prefer that exposed hammer for reasons I've posted elsewhere. I'm glad to see the Smith & Wesson come out like that, and I'm actually glad it's a 9 mm. I've got my bases covered, but I know a lot of shooters prefer 9mm to 45, plus I don't even know if they make the Para Ordnance P-12 anymore. I like to see other shooters 'exposed' to the exposed hammer, because I like the idea of that type of gun continuing to be manufactured and perhaps even improved upon over the years.

.... plus the name is kind of cool..... isn't "CSX" the name of a freight train... :o :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

So just another 9mm pistol claiming to be the latest and greatest. 🥱
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:52 am So just another 9mm pistol claiming to be the latest and greatest. 🥱
The subcompact single action dedicated nine has been done before by Sig, Kimber, Springfield. Double stack micros have recently been done by many. This is a first pairing of both trends. This pistol reminds me of the Kimber Micro 9 or the long discontinued Star Firestar. Neither will hold close to 12 rounds. I think the enthusiasm is despite a sea of recent 9mms, the majority are plastic striker fired Glock clones or 1911s which are oversizes for the cartridge IMO

Personally I’m wanting the P35 rendition by Springfield Armory. But this pistol is much better suited for CC and only gives up three rounds. Only one round compared to the original Browning.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

JimT wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:42 pm
Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:46 pm I just ordered a Turkish 1911, and now here this is. Just wish it were in a more useful caliber.
I've heard good things about those, Bill. Once you wring it out I would love a report.
I have two of them. My friend/ FFL dealer bought several and kept a consec. numbered pair for me. They look and feel just like a WWII 1911a1 and both have been 100% reliable with everything I've shot through them. In the picture, they look slightly different color, but that was just the angle of them camera.
What I find interesting are the differences between the two. The pistol on the left is fitted much more tightly than the other one, but the one that's a bit more loosely fitted is the more accurate of the pair. I've probably have 5-600 rounds through the pistol on the right, it's a blast too shoot. Hitting a 16" gong at 50 yds is a piece of cake, even with those sights that seem to get smaller every year!

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Another 1911 type. It seems that the 1911 (and those guns that are patterned off a 1911) is more popular today than it has ever been. I'm glad to see all of the new pistols that are designed around concealed carry.

However, I am satisfied with my everyday carry gun. I know....I'm old and set in my ways.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Nice pair, Jason. Glad to hear they shoot well, and copy that on sights getting smaller.
Have to admit I yawned when Mossberg brought out their little 9, and again with the new Savage pistol. Seems the niche is saturated.
Still liking the new Smith, however.
leverman44
Levergunner

Post by leverman44 »

That's a nice one! My all around carry is the Springfield XDE in .45 ACP. Very handy and slim for a .45 pistol and is hammer fired which I like and it shoots very well with my 6.3 Unique load under a 230 XTP bullet.
JMick
Levergunner

Post by JMick »

Scott, what holster is that for your J frame? Is it a Barranti?
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Betting Simply Rugged holster but Scott will let us know. -A-