For the drinkers here ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

For the drinkers here ...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

... who would like to change course. I find this article very important, personally.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021 ... 7328bee6a8
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: For the drinkers here ...

Post by gamekeeper »

Bill I love my beer and larger but to me taste is what's important, I have tried a few low alcohol beers in the past and they tasted awful but I believe that the brewers have got much better at producing decent low or no alcohol beers, I must give them a try even though alcohol has never been a problem with me and as I get older I just don't fancy drinking anywhere near what I drank in my younger days.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:35 am as I get older I just don't fancy drinking anywhere near what I drank in my younger days.
I am with you there. I like a small whiskey some evenings just before bed. "Small" as in 1 finger of GlenLevit in a whiskey glass. When I was younger I drank 'way too much and too often. I went for 30 years without. Since I have gotten older I find a little, once in awhile, is enough.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I would like to respond, but I'm pretty drunk right now!
I'm kidding gentleman! As we age, I think quality over quantity is important!
In my younger days I drank too much for sure! We live and learn.
On the weekends I may have 6 or 8 pints of Guinness.
Then I'll go 3 weeks without anything!
I don't drink liquor anymore, with the exception on rare occasion when a friend is visiting.
Over Christmas a childhood buddy paid a visit for upstate N.Y.
We had some Bourbon to celebrate the season. I'm not use to hard drink anymore.
Let's just say my manual dexterity was somewhat inhibited!
Drink responsibly!
Johnny
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

JimT wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:03 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:35 am as I get older I just don't fancy drinking anywhere near what I drank in my younger days.
I am with you there. I like a small whiskey some evenings just before bed. "Small" as in 1 finger of GlenLevit in a whiskey glass. When I was younger I drank 'way too much and too often. I went for 30 years without. Since I have gotten older I find a little, once in awhile, is enough.
I'm right there with you Jim, a shot before bedtime helps me sleep. But I sometimes can't remember which finger I was using to measure with. In those cases I use three, to make sure I get the right one ;)
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sarge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:08 pm I'm right there with you Jim, a shot before bedtime helps me sleep. But I sometimes can't remember which finger I was using to measure with. In those cases I use three, to make sure I get the right one ;)
salute.JPG
I am with you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

During my Army days, I drank more hard liquor than I care to think about. Its a wonder I didnt get alcohol poisoning monthly. These days I am strictly a beer man
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This was the first Christmas I had to tell family and friends NOT to buy me hard liquor, did get beer and cider though... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:54 am This was the first Christmas I had to tell family and friends NOT to buy me hard liquor, did get beer and cider though... :D
I got a fifth of Maker's Mark and a 12 pack at our family's Yankee swap this Christmas.
I was NOT sorry. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

A drink a day will keep the shrink away. :) :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

I too am a lightweight compared to the olden days. Still love a good ale in the porter/stout range. I learned how to sip bourbon a few years ago and enjoy tasting my collection. Barrel proofs are my favorites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

What is the difference between a drunk and alcoholic?

Drunks don’t have to go to meetings.
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

As being blessed with the Indian gene my younger days involved lots of Jack Daniels. For the most part I made myself stay sober the past 30 years. Sure a drink here or there, a beer or two but not daily. So to this day I drink very little then covid happened, alcohol kills viruses right? I've taken to a taste of 'medicine ' over a couple ice cubes every night. Burbon and sour mash whiskey for me.
I dont drink if im out, not that I go out.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!