Gun Magazine 1957 edition

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Gun Magazine 1957 edition

Post by jkbrea »

Not sure how to send this.
Its a link to Guns Magazine in 1957.
It has an article from Elmer Keith in it on handguns and several interesting reads.

https://gunsmagazine.com › 2...PDF
GUNS Magazine December 1957
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... OrLnHZL-YW
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Gun Magazine 1957 edition

Post by gamekeeper »

Reading those old magazines sure brings back happy memories but those old prices make me want to cry... :cry:

Thanks for sharing. 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

That old article from Elmer Keith was as good as ever and still the best advice for one starting to shoot handguns.

I also found the fued article to be fascinating. The photo of Devil Anse on the horse reminds me of old photos of my family during a similar period.
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by flightsimmer »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:47 am Reading those old magazines sure brings back happy memories but those old prices make me want to cry... :cry:

Thanks for sharing. 8)
You've got to remember that the value of the object (in this case a gun) has not changed one bit, it's the value of the dollar that has fallen. I just wish my income would increase accordingly.
As my cost go up, I shed my expenses. My life insurance doubled this month so I cashed it in, cutting out the middle man. Cable bill went up so I went to wifi. Groceries went up so I went on a diet. Gas went up so I stay home and have my stuff delivered for free. You gotta do what you gotta do.
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
Bob Hatfield
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bob Hatfield »

My GG grandfather's was Devil Anse's uncle (brother to Anse's daddy). Which makes me and Devil Anse some kind of cousin. My GG grandfather was "Slater" Jim Hatfield. Anse let him sneak home during the civil war to plant his crops and see his wife and dying sister-in-law. When he returned to his group of confederates the general ordered Anse to execute his uncle (My GG grandpa). Anse instead contacted Uncle Jim Vance (Tom Berenger in the movie) and all 40 of the Hatfield clan quit the Rebel army and headed back to Logan County WV instead of executing one of their own. Glad old Anse didn't carry out that order LOL.

Bob