BS on Gunbroker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

BS on Gunbroker

Post by wvfarrier »

So, I found a rifle I wanted on Gunbroker. The seller (a rather popular one) stated that there was a 3% cash discount on the listed "buy it now" price. Perfect right....well....not so much. The description says they ONLY accept credit cards 🤔. So, being thorough I email them as ask...."Can I pay with a usps money order or certified check?". They replied "Nope, credit cards only". WTH? Why advertise a 3% cash discount if you do not accept credit card alternatives? Maybe Im other thinking this but thats shady as !@#$ to me
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: BS on Gunbroker

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Certainly sounds dishonest to post the availabilty of a discount and then not allow it.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Just this morning, I turned down what seemed a bargain, for the same reason.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've made 1 purchase off GB, they were very happy to take my CC# but they didn't ship it. After 6 days I finally called the dealer. They claimed they shipped it, I didn't get tracking info, they didn't have it either. Seems they put it in the vault and forgot about it... I much prefer Guns International .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:57 pm I've made 1 purchase off GB, they were very happy to take my CC# but they didn't ship it. After 6 days I finally called the dealer. They claimed they shipped it, I didn't get tracking info, they didn't have it either. Seems they put it in the vault and forgot about it... I much prefer Guns International .
I've made several purchases on GB and yet to have a problem. Most have turned even better than pictured.
I always send payment by priority mail so I have tracking number and request a tracking number from the shipper.
Last edited by 765x53 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes the gun i got had much nicer wood than the pictured one, I wasn't gonna complain! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

This is the first trouble I have had on GB. It just struck me as really shady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:57 pm I've made 1 purchase off GB, they were very happy to take my CC# but they didn't ship it. After 6 days I finally called the dealer. They claimed they shipped it, I didn't get tracking info, they didn't have it either. Seems they put it in the vault and forgot about it... I much prefer Guns International .
I've only made one purchase on GB myself. It was direct from the manufacturer and didn't need an FFL. Went well.

I've bought 2 firearms off Guns International and both went smooth.
Still gives me the willies, and I'm pretty nervous till I know all is well.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

The seller blocked me.....i didnt even know they could do that 🤣
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think an email to the admin on gun broker is in order. If nothing else they can be aware of these shanigians.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Already done. But, GB is notorious for ignoring complaints
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Give him a "nice" review...then go to the GB discussion forum and bad mouth him all with capital letters.

I fixed a Kubota dealer and the corner auto repair people real good...so good I caused them major headaches from what I was told..but I had the documentation to back it up in case they hit me with a defamation suit.

I would not buy anything online unless they were well known dealers.....everything is so corrupt today and the cops don't care about material losses...in fact, they don't care about much of anything anymore and you can't blame em. If I was a cop today I'd be living in the Dunkin Donuts and waving to the criminals.

Right now pet scams are the worst....---006
Model A Uzi’s
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

wvfarrier wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:29 pm Already done. But, GB is notorious for ignoring complaints
We sell a lot on GB and take cc or other forms of payment . GB however cares not about the buyer OR the seller , all they care about are the fees they can accrue .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

GB has definitely gone downhill.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I can count on one hand (with fingers leftover!) how many times I've purchased a gun online anywhere. I just can't bring myself to doing it unless the price is so good and a buy it now too. I prefer face to face deals, and I know I might be missing out doing this, but I'm also missing any scams, or guns with problems.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As a 'business person' who is on the receiving end of funds coming from wallets, credit-cards, IOU's, and (worst of all) 'filing with your insurance', I know that the amount ACTUALLY received varies tremendously, and the credit cards all have fees and discounts, and it even depends on from our end HOW we process the card (by phone, on-line, or dedicated machine that 'reads' their card), so when operating in a low-margin environment (for us, a charge of $100 results in an average actual reimbursement of $63 or so, and the overhead to perform $100 of service will be $55 or so, so our profit margin is $8.00/63.00). If even a 'mere' 3% is taken off that amount, it would be $1.89, which seems trivial, until you realize that it is a 23% drop in MY income to receive $61.11 instead of $63.00, because my (before taxes) take-home profit on the "$100 service" would drop from $8.00 to $6.11.

So as a small business owner, we get VERY sensitive to seemingly-trivial 'discounts'.

Of course in the health-care business the pricing and reimbursement is all smoke-and-mirrors anyway, and when operating under a third-party reimbursement 'system' it is crazy. At least gunbroker sellers aren't in that environment, so they should be able to be more flexible. Still, I (sort of) understand how they may not always appear accommodating.

That's why in one week my office will be an "insurance-free practice". It will be so nice to only see patients who truly VALUE our services, instead of just seeing us because we are 'in network'. I'm finding patients willing to travel 50 miles or more to pay CASH for health care they value, are replacing patients living five miles away who whine if we charge $5.00 to check their pee for an infection and their insurance doesn't cover it (but would cover a $150 culture we send out and don't get results from for 5 days). LOL - freedom at last... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:20 am I can count on one hand (with fingers leftover!) how many times I've purchased a gun online anywhere. I just can't bring myself to doing it unless the price is so good and a buy it now too. I prefer face to face deals, and I know I might be missing out doing this, but I'm also missing any scams, or guns with problems.
I have had several problems with buying guns online, I sometimes wonder if the sellers are dishonest or just know nothing about the guns they are selling, a common problem with buying anything other than a side by side English shotgun.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've gotten a few from Bud's with no problem.
I would never deal with an individual seller unless I knew them pretty darn well...The regulars on this forum I would trust 100%.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I always thought GunBroker was superior to Guns America ... say 10 years back. But today, GB seems like a flea market compared to Guns International.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Blaine wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:58 pm I've gotten a few from Bud's with no problem.
I would never deal with an individual seller unless I knew them pretty darn well...The regulars on this forum I would trust 100%.
I'd probably have no issue buying a brand new gun online. And actually did so a few years back from Cabelas. Bought it online and shipped to my local store for pickup. The online part went flawlessly, and I was notified the next day it was ready to pickup. It was the in store part that was the real nightmare, with a salesman who was a jerk, and 3 hrs. to get the process completed. I'll never buy another gun from Cabelas, online or in store.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

marlinman93 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:45 pm
Blaine wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:58 pm I've gotten a few from Bud's with no problem.
I'd probably have no issue buying a brand new gun online. And actually did so a few years back from Cabelas. Bought it online and shipped to my local store for pickup. The online part went flawlessly, and I was notified the next day it was ready to pickup. It was the in store part that was the real nightmare, with a salesman who was a jerk, and 3 hrs. to get the process completed. I'll never buy another gun from Cabelas, online or in store.
I did the same thing through Guns International. Had a Winchester sent from Cabelas in Nebraska to one nearer to me. The guy in the gun library told me when I came in "don't worry, you scored. The gun library in Nebraska really dropped the ball on this one".
I bet he could see the relief on my face. :D

Sorry yours didn't go well.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I've purchased a few thru GB. Never had any issues.
But for me it's now face to face, or a gun shop buy.
To many criminals trolling the internet these days!
Merry Christmas to all you fine gentleman!
Johnny
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

I've seen this a number of times with dealers , only way to get cash price is to buy in person and pay with cash in their shop. Still old fashioned I like to send MO for guns.

Pretty much every gun for sale is also for sale locally, no bids they can stop an auction at anytime to sell locally.

Next will be Gunbroker pay is probably all you will be able to use. Just like eBay did with PayPal.
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

A few months ago I purchased some ammo on Gunbroker from an individual for a reasonable price. In the ad it showed several methods of payment, Money order and credit card, I chose to send this person a Postal Money Order. Immediately after the purchase I was sent an email from a person/company requesting my credit card info. This email did not list Gunbroker at all and I deleted it and chose not to advance any further with the purchase. I contacted the seller and Gunbroker by email both of which met with negative response. I have since discontinued even visiting the site after changing my personal information.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

OldWin wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:07 pm
I did the same thing through Guns International. Had a Winchester sent from Cabelas in Nebraska to one nearer to me. The guy in the gun library told me when I came in "don't worry, you scored. The gun library in Nebraska really dropped the ball on this one".

That purchase went so poorly due to the gun counter rep that I wrote a complaint to Cabelas Customer Service to report it. I got a call the next day from a VP who said she'd read my detailed complaint, but wanted to hear the details first hand. Since I had forgotten to detail some particulars of the jerk at the counter, I added the rest when I related the purchase to her. She just kept saying, "Oh my God!" as I related how the purchase went.
In the end she thoroughly apologized over and over, and gave me a store credit for a whopping $35. Big deal, and sure not enough to make up for the loss of several hours time, and the irritation caused by that clown.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

I quit GB after problems when trying to sell my 338 mxlr. I look to see what things are worth or selling for, but haven't bought anything. Had a revolver I really wanted, but refuse to give them any more money.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:52 am

That purchase went so poorly due to the gun counter rep that I wrote a complaint to Cabelas Customer Service to report it. I got a call the next day from a VP who said she'd read my detailed complaint, but wanted to hear the details first hand. Since I had forgotten to detail some particulars of the jerk at the counter, I added the rest when I related the purchase to her. She just kept saying, "Oh my God!" as I related how the purchase went.
In the end she thoroughly apologized over and over, and gave me a store credit for a whopping $35. Big deal, and sure not enough to make up for the loss of several hours time, and the irritation caused by that clown.
You know I can relate a kinda similar experience ! About three weeks ago my shooting buddy was in the Gainesville VA Cabela‘s and saw they had not one but four Remington Model 11 12 gauge guns ALL with 32” full choke barrels . So he called me to see if I wanted to go back with him and look at them . We went looked and decided we both wanted one . He’s got a C&R so I let it look like he was buying both thinking it would speed things up . First they didn’t wanna honor a C&R . So he did regular paperwork and the guy who was putting it all in the computer had the personality of stale bread . It wasn’t three hours but it took every bit of two hours and on top of that he musta banged them against counters doors etc a dozen times before he brought them outside to us . Oh yeah the bastids WOULD NOT let us take the gunlock off and look down the barrel before buying . And of course they had a sold as is no return policy . The gun library there wasn’t a gun library it was just full of normal run of the mill stuff . Some decent stuff and a lot of junk . A few years back I went in the Cabelas Gun Library in the PA store and those cabinets were full of high grade collectible stuff , that ain’t the case anylonger .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

marlinman93 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:52 am

Yeah, there is nothing worse than dealing with someone like that. Especially when you try and treat everyone cordially and with respect. If they hate their job that much, they should make a change.