Uberti win 66 carbine 22lr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Uberti win 66 carbine 22lr

Post by barbarossa »

Took the Uberti 66 carbine in 22lr out the other day to sight in and found that it was shooting quite a bit low.Not willing to file down the front sight down as I might run out of sight I installed this buckhorn sight on it and it did the trick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Uberti win 66 carbine 22lr

Post by AJMD429 »

Probably a better sight than the factory one anyway; looks great.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I had a Uberti 66 Carbine in .22 mag it was very accurate but I could not get on with the original sights.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I had one long ago, mid-late 1970s, it was probably the most fun 22 rifle ive ever had, I miss it.

Being rimfire and no loading gate, I removed the fore end and filed the fore end boss off the receiver, cheap version Henry in 22 rimfire.

At one point I was staying at a farm out of town part time and shooting a 2500 rd case of ammo through it a month.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Malamute wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:19 pm At one point I was staying at a farm out of town part time and shooting a 2500 rd case of ammo through it a month.
You can get really good at something when you do it a lot!
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:29 am I had a Uberti 66 Carbine in .22 mag it was very accurate but I could not get on with the original sights.
i have one of those, so installed a marbles tang sight [ windage adjustable ] and now its dead center and it is a very accurate rifle.
cable
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cable, I intended to do just that but something else caught my eye and I let the 66 go... :(
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 am Cable, I intended to do just that but something else caught my eye and I let the 66 go... :(
funny how that happens ! and fun as well. its only happened to me a few times..... errrr...well maybe a few hundred times!
cable