ot hunt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

ot hunt

Post by rossim92 »

Well, my sil is into hunting, so, this year i helped him build a duckblind and have decided to go hunting for geese and ducks. this will be my first time . season opens up the 15th of this month. in md, we are allowed one goose per person per day and six ducks per person per day. There are some species of ducks here that have a nasty taste, so, we smoke them and keep them as treats for the dogs. they love it! I will be using a mossberg 500 pump with modified choke 12 gauge. using 3inch shells using bb or #2 shot. only steel shot or bizmuth is legal to use on waterfowl.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: ot hunt

Post by 2ndovc »

Have fun!

My dad was big into duck hunting when I was a little guy. He gave it up as he got older, couldn't deal with the wet and the cold. I've not had a chance to try it. Seems like something always gets in the way.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have always loved duck hunting over flight ponds. I'm sure you will enjoy it.. :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Went duck hunting once probably 45 years ago. I loved everything about it, and we did quite well getting our limit of ducks. But took them home for my wife to cook them up, and none of us liked duck! It was just smelly, and nothing we could eat, so it got dumped in the garbage.
My buddy told us we didn't cook it right, and invited us to his house for a duck dinner. They were raving about how good it was, but we still couldn't eat it. Tried it a few more times at restaurants where the owner guaranteed I'd like theirs, but same result. One in Reno was a Vietnamese retired General who told me if I didn't like his duck it was free! I didn't like it, but it was better than any others I tried.
So I never went duck hunting again, because I don't hunt anything I don't eat.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It wabbit season

Duck hunting is tons of fun, sure they can be tough but always liked the taste.
As teenagers we would shoot geese , lots of them but stopped after we realized we were wearing out our jaws trying to chew em! Even tried making them into baloney- still tough!

I think you will enjoy it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

So I never went duck hunting again, because I don't hunt anything I don't eat.
me too! i like wild turkey, but can't stomach water fowl. ! i ate a few quail, but was not stimulated to process them.