Price check in aisle SAA 44 spl.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Price check in aisle SAA 44 spl.

Post by Oldncrusty »

Saw this in a lgs this week at $2995. I know the buck is worth less every day, but still experienced sticker shock. Just wondering what the real market is bearing these days. I didnt confirm NIB, just assumed.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Price check in aisle SAA 44 spl.

Post by Oldncrusty »

Trying pics again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It's a third gen made in '80....hard to find in that barrel length and finish but.....it's still a third gen.....looks like it's NIB.....

I'd say it's top dollar but top dollar don't mean nothing when you want something......as an investment you would have to keep it unfired which means you could look at it once in a while, about the same as you could do with a bank statement. If you shoot it you would have to wait 10-20 years to get your investment back, but.....if Colt stops making them which they probably will (they may have) the price will shoot up (pun intended) to where the Pythons and Anacondas are which I believe is a bubble.....

Wealthy people don't look at a price....they either want it or they don't...Your call....

Probably do better with the Thompson below it...----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The other issue is, 44 is now a custom shop chambering. By the time you get one, it will be 2 years and between 3k and 3500.
These facts are reflected in the prices of 2nd and 3rd gen 44s.
I recently bought a new 4.75 SAA. I kind of wanted a 44.....but not that bad. I got another 45.
For me, if I was going to spend that kind of cash, it wouldn't be on a 3rd gen. I'd spend it on a second gen that had been shot so I could shoot and enjoy it.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:57 pm It's a third gen made in '80....hard to find in that barrel length and finish but.....it's still a third gen.....looks like it's NIB.....

I'd say it's top dollar but top dollar don't mean nothing when you want something......as an investment you would have to keep it unfired which means you could look at it once in a while, about the same as you could do with a bank statement. If you shoot it you would have to wait 10-20 years to get your investment back, but.....if Colt stops making them which they probably will (they may have) the price will shoot up (pun intended) to where the Pythons and Anacondas are which I believe is a bubble.....

Wealthy people don't look at a price....they either want it or they don't...Your call....

Probably do better with the Thompson below it...----006
Thanks Six. I ain't wealthy so I look reeeeel hard at price tags. I tried to make myself save up for one back when they were 1500$. Havent made it yet.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

OldWin wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:07 pm The other issue is, 44 is now a custom shop chambering. By the time you get one, it will be 2 years and between 3k and 3500.
These facts are reflected in the prices of 2nd and 3rd gen 44s.
I recently bought a new 4.75 SAA. I kind of wanted a 44.....but not that bad. I got another 45.
For me, if I was going to spend that kind of cash, it wouldn't be on a 3rd gen. I'd spend it on a second gen that had been shot so I could shoot and enjoy it.
Thanks for the info. I suspected it was a hard to find setup. I'm 100% with you on the shootin part. If I had that much to spend, it would definitely not be on something NIB.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I remember when they were $225 retail...about 1972. By the time I was able to afford one a few years later they were $400 or so.

Don't know how old you are but if your under 60, it's never too late to pay full retail. I used to look at car/house insurance bills and what did I get out of that money.......it's like protection money from the mob...the Italian mob, not those sissies today. So I bought up every gun that I knew was going to be valuable one day.....

Love those single actions.....unfired from 1917 and the bottom one is 1 of 153 with high condition and provenance....1907
Model A Uzi’s
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

That's real eye candy for sure. I'm only a couple notches under 60, but got a late start in the blue steel and walnut investment plan.