Baldwin: " . . . I didn't pull the trigger."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Baldwin: " . . . I didn't pull the trigger."

Post by Bruce Scott »

Last edited by Bruce Scott on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Baldwin: " . . . I didn't pull the trigger."

Post by Ray Newman »

I saw that. To me, it all looked and sounded phony. Believe it was LBJ who said a good politician knows how and when to cry -- same holds true for actors....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

When will anyone in the news come to the astounding conclusion.......................... :shock: :o ..................................... it had to be Trump. who else could it be. :? :? .
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

It doesnt matter if he "pulled the trigger" or not. He pointed a firearm at someone and she died as a result of it
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Now I know the jig is up!!!!
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

He appears to be pleading his case in public opinion, to muddy up any jury pool, but that's an just opinion.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

So basically he saying he cocked the hammer but didn’t t pull the trigger meaning that sear on the hammer was defective which was the armourers fault for having a defective firearm on the set.A round about lawyers way of deflecting the blame on someone else but unfortunately for them it is one that can be easily disproved if the gun is examined and found to be ok plus it still doesn’t exonerate him from pointing the gun at a person .A smoke and mirrors game of wording
Last edited by barbarossa on Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

He should have just shut his mouth up, but he is too arrogant and stupid to do that. I'm sure his attorneys are cringing. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

LYING SACK OF DUNG!
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Yeah he should keep quiet. I was wrong in my defense of him earlier. I didn't know what the film making standards were for working with guns. I do know universal rules of gun safety but do not trust everyone else to. Turns out it is much more regimented than I though not only for armorers but the talent as well. Also it has come out that his rehearsed scene did not call for pointing or shooting. Sounds like he totally drew down on them when it wasn't scripted. He is in trouble. Maybe others are too. But Baldwin is definitely liable if not guilty of manslaughter and reckless endangerment.
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

And yet the gun in his hand still managed to kill someone.
This is just another version of guns are dangerous on their own and people have no responsibility. The gun itself is guilty.

All three of them should be tried for manslaughter. Armourer, 2nd AD and Baldwin.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I didn't catch the interview but Banfield just had segment on it. What surprised me is that the gal that was hired to handle the guns is Thell Reeds daughter. If you don't have grey hair you probably don't remember who he is. Too bad they didn't hire Thell instead. And being Thells daughter, she should know a heck of a lot more than it appears.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

leverluver, that's what I said!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The scary part is that thousands, if not millions of people will agree with him and lead protests against his deserved incarceration and loss of his undeserved wealth.

In the meantime Haylna's family's trauma will go unpublished, unnoticed and overshadowed by Alec's cries.----006
Model A Uzi’s
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Pure and simple dog doo doo! It's damage control, and it shouldn't work. But that depends on whether the prosecutors for the county have balls enough to even charge Baldwin. It would be an easy case to prove fault by him, and at least a couple others. But in the end Baldwin had a SAA style handgun that required HIM to not just point it at a human, but also cock the hammer! Regardless of whether someone told him it was safe, it was a rehearsal, and no reason to have a gun cocked or pointed at someone to practice the scene.
I'm still waiting to see if any authorities have guts enough to do their job, and press charges against all responsible for her death.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

His play'acting at its finest. Lying sack of...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Basic gun safety rules weren't followed, and the Screen Acotor's Guild rules for safe firearms handling weren't followed.
The armorer wasn't doing her job, and delegated her authority to an assistant producer in violation of union rules.
Alec Baldwin is an idiot for taking the word of the assistant director.

I agree with what others have said - it's a blame game now. Nobody will go to jail, the insurance companies will pay
up, and everybody will go on about their business.

-Stretch
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Ahh! The old "it just went off" defense. Do these idiots realize that some sort of physical action is required to start the firing process in action. Leave a weapon sitting un molested full loaded and it will simply turn to rust without ever firing.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

jeepnik wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:43 pm Ahh! The old "it just went off" defense.
I know Jeep, can you believe it??? That gun is already stored in evidence I'm sure. Won't take much to examine it and determine whether it is in proper working condition. Baldwin is an arrogant fool. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

CowboyTutt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:01 pm He should have just shut his mouth up, but he is too arrogant and stupid to do that. I'm sure his attorneys are cringing. -Tutt
+1
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

1894cfan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:33 pm LYING SACK OF DUNG!
+ infinity!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:05 am The scary part is that thousands, if not millions of people will agree with him and lead protests against his deserved incarceration and loss of his undeserved wealth.

In the meantime Haylna's family's trauma will go unpublished, unnoticed and overshadowed by Alec's cries.----006
Spot on Six. Therein lies the problem. If the population had any common sense, he'd be on a fast track to jail... and a heck of a civil suit. Hopefully at least the latter will happen! :evil:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

saw some more of the interview where he stated he pulled the hammer back, but it didn't stay back, and it went off. I think they called that "fanning the hammer" back in the old days? He still can't explain why he pointed it at her, or why it had live ammo in it!
When will the clown be charged?
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

To 'fan' a single action the trigger needs to be held back so there is nothing to hold the hammer back! As I said above, LYING SACK OF DUNG!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well.....like 1894cfan says, "the trigger needs to held back". True...if the trigger was not held back it "should" catch on the safety notch......with a strong hammer spring it's possible the hammer throw up to the safety notch could make it go off...if done smartly.

The gun was a junk Pietta...j.u.n.k.....and I'm not being a smart butt......if it has that safety thingy on the bottom of the hammer like a Uberti does, anything can happen and I'm sure they are going over that gun with a fine toothed comb. Heck, with Alec's money there might even be a broken safety notch on the hammer which will mysteriously appear.

Million dollar actor and everything else was pinched on......even the union guys walked off, most likely (speculating) because they were too expensive to keep around......what I'm sure of....Alec Baldwin pinched pennies in every aspect of the movie except his pay which he prioritized.

What I think happened was the perfect storm where pennies were pinched, safety rules were not followed and his head was up his azz.......he had what they say, "crocodile tears" which is undoubtedly true...he is an ace actor. He is doing what a drunk driver does after he kills someone......running his mouth about this or that but is only worried about losing his azz, which he will and I hope Alec does. He is done....no disrespect to Halyna, but its Karma brought on by his huge ego which led to the brain f.art.

Mainstream media is protecting that piece of garbage and I have yet to see the trauma Halyna's family is going through. ----006
Model A Uzi’s
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I would imagine Thell Reeds daughter is the one who will get thrown under the bus on this. Baldwin will.skate
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

When asked in the interview if He felt any guilt over the whole thing He said "NO" . an absolute dog and pony show to sway the public. I only hope that the legal system in New Mexico isn't a bunch of fools. Baldwin and at least two others need to go to jail over this. they did not follow long established safety measures. He is an arrogant product of the Hollywood left culture.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

So last night I'm scrolling through TV channels and Court TV has these two "experts" on to talk about what they think of the incident. Some ex FBI guy starts talking about how he always takes time to train all those on a TV or movie set if they're going to be handling firearms as part of their acting.
He goes on to tell how when he started with the FBI he was issued a .357 revolver and, "You can clearly look at the back of a revolver and see when it has bullets in it." Then they post an image of the Pietta SAA used in this incident, and he looks befuddled, and confused? He says he's not familiar with this type of gun, and it appears to not be open at the rear, and no way to swing the cylinder out! I'm sitting in my easy chair laughing, and thinking, this is an expert for movies, and Court TV? How can the actors be properly trained if the "expert" is so lacking in gun knowledge? If this is the state of firearms armorers in the movies, it's a wonder there's not more incidents!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

99.9% of America these days doesn't realize you have to cock the hammer on an SAA before the trigger will fire the weapon ... albeit I'm discounting the likelihood he was fanning the gun. Even today's "knowledgeable" younger gun people are only familiar with Glocks and other such semi-auto's and striker fired weapons. Or perhaps DA revolvers where you can put a long hard pull on the trigger to get the hammer cocked and released. SAA knowledge is thin these days ... except here of course.

Baldwin had to have pointed the gun at the woman and it had to have been cocked. And then, he likely pulled the trigger expecting nothing to happen as he "pretended" to shoot the woman. All but for a live round in the cylinder.

Apologies to the woman who was killed but I have to admit, this is fun to watch.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Baldwin is trying to shift blame and control the narrative. Risky move during an open investigation but maybe it will work for him. Civilly, I doubt it. -Tutt

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Gentleman, I have been playing with my Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt tonight. I have not shot the thing in years although it is a very nice gun. I welcome feedback from you experts here. First observation, even though my Ruger uses a transfer bar system and not the traditional nipple firing pin design as the Pietta probably has, I can cock the hammer back almost 7/8ths of the way back before the hammer locks into place. Before that time, if I let the hammer slide, the transfer bar drops down and the hammer does hit the firing pin with sufficient force I bet it could ignite a primer. I think that this is one of the arguments that Baldwin is making and how he "didn't pull the trigger". However, he is over-looking another factor of the function of a single action gun that he is too uneducated to know about. Mainly, that the cylinder of a SA does not fully align itself to the firing pin until it is fully cocked. So depending on how far he cocked the gun, and how far the cylinder actually rotated, calls into question how a "hammer slip" could have caused ignition of the primer. If the cylinder rotation was not close enough to align the firing pin to the primer and cause ignition, I think the probability of ignition becomes less and less. OTOH, if he fully cocked the gun, then everything would have been in proper alignment to ignite the cartridge. It could only have fired if he pulled the trigger. Not sure even a failed safety could counter that argument. I let the smarter SA guys weigh in here. I am not one of them, I just played around here with my own gun, and did a few minutes of research.

Thanks Guys,

-Tutt

Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:56 am So last night I'm scrolling through TV channels and Court TV has these two "experts" on to talk about what they think of the incident. Some ex FBI guy starts talking about how he always takes time to train all those on a TV or movie set if they're going to be handling firearms as part of their acting.
He goes on to tell how when he started with the FBI he was issued a .357 revolver and, "You can clearly look at the back of a revolver and see when it has bullets in it." Then they post an image of the Pietta SAA used in this incident, and he looks befuddled, and confused? He says he's not familiar with this type of gun, and it appears to not be open at the rear, and no way to swing the cylinder out! I'm sitting in my easy chair laughing, and thinking, this is an expert for movies, and Court TV? How can the actors be properly trained if the "expert" is so lacking in gun knowledge? If this is the state of firearms armorers in the movies, it's a wonder there's not more incidents!
That is hilarious
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

As a host on a radio show today said, if Donald Trump had shot someone in a similar fashion, Alec Baldwin would be yucking it up on SNL doing skits of the tragedy.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

First observation, even though my Ruger uses a transfer bar system and not the traditional nipple firing pin design as the Pietta probably has, I can cock the hammer back almost 7/8ths of the way back before the hammer locks into place. Before that time, if I let the hammer slide, the transfer bar drops down and the hammer does hit the firing pin with sufficient force I bet it could ignite a primer
Not possible. Unless you hold pressure on the trigger, the transfer bar immediately falls as the hammer does. The hammer on the newer Rugers never touches the firing pin. It hits the transfer bar which is resting on the firing pin if the trigger is held.

Baldwin is trying to blame the armorer or the gun.
The media is trying to blame the gun or Starline, claiming that Starline made the blanks and the live ammo.
Sorry folks, Starline makes neither.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I'm going to re-post something here I put up on another forum, which pretty much comprises my thoughts on this thing. The folks there are not as familiar with the SA revolver as this group; so don't take any of this as preaching.

From ABC News-

Baldwin told Stephanopoulos that he never pulled the trigger of the prop gun, but rather cocked it. He said when he released the hammer, it unexpectedly discharged a live bullet.

During a marking rehearsal for a complicated shooting scene, Baldwin said Hutchins was directing him on what angle to position the gun to capture the best shot. Hutchins was directing his every move, he said, "Everything is at her direction."

"She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle," Baldwin said. "I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit."

"So, I take the gun and I start to cock the gun. I'm not going to pull the trigger," he continued. "And I cock the gun, I go, 'Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?' And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun – the gun goes off."

"So you never pulled the trigger?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"No, no, no, no, no," Baldwin said. "I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never. Never. That was the training that I had."

A lawsuit filed in mid-November by the film's script supervisor, Mamie Mitchell, accused Baldwin, who is named as a defendant in the civil suit, of "playing Russian roulette" with the gun by pointing it at Hutchins.

"There are some who say you're never supposed to point a gun on anyone on a set no matter what," Stephanopoulos pressed.

"Unless the person is the cinematographer, who's directing me at where to point the gun for her camera angle," Baldwin replied. "I didn't point the gun at her, and she said, 'Hey, man, don't point the gun at me.' I pointed the gun in a direction she wanted."

Baldwin says he doesn't feel guilt, but the shooting left a heavy toll

"Do you feel guilt?," Stephanopoulos asked.

"No. No," Baldwin said. "I feel that someone is responsible for what happened, and I can't say who that is, but I know it's not me."

Dave Hallis also says Baldwin didn't pull the trigger. NY Post-

"Dave has told me since the very first day I met him that Alec did not pull that trigger," Halls' attorney, Lisa Torraco, told ABC News' Kaylee Hartung in an exclusive interview airing Thursday on "Good Morning America." "His finger was never in the trigger guard."

Enough quotes. I spent nearly 12 years as the investigator for a prosecuting attorney. One of my jobs was to run down and prove or disprove (if possible) the Defense's hare-brained, outlandish excuses for criminal behavior. We did this for a couple of reasons.

One, because the state has a duty to include exculpatory evidence in any filing decision. The Reasonable Doubt Standard should be met before criminal charges are filed.

Two, because the prosecutor must be able to disprove, to the satisfaction of the jury, all false defense claims. An all time favorite was "The gun just went OFF!!!"

So is there any plausible, remotely possible factor which could prove Baldwin and Hallis claims true? Actually, yes. We've all seen sixgun fanning in the movies and TV-

As a kid that cut his teeth on single actions, I can tell you this is not as easy as it looks. Most people and particularly most actors. don't have the mechanical understanding of the single action revolver mechanism required to pull this off w/o destroying it. Many lack the manual dexterity.

Hence the Slip Gun, explained here in detail and with photos.

gunsmagazine.com
The Croft / Keith Slip Gun
Elmer Keith’s Sixguns was first published in 1955, updated in 1961 and has been reprinted several times over the past 5+ decades.
gunsmagazine.com gunsmagazine.com

So it is possible IF Baldwin was handed a Pietta modified for fanning, he pulled the hammer back and released it--all without touching the trigger--the revolver could have fired with tragic results. The lab will sort it out.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Well the "experts" were at it again last night on Court TV channel. This time the question by the moderator was put to two different "experts" who again are far from experts. He asked if the hammer could be dropped if cocked partially, and set off the "bullet"? The "expert" said that this model has "four clicks where the trigger is captured". Of course that caught my ears as it was news to me that "clicks" meant the "trigger" was ever captured? And of course he meant hammer, but still news to me if that happened.
The two "experts" kept referring to pulling the trigger back, when it was obvious they meant the hammer. Then they began speculating how actors "fan the trigger to shoot a bunch of guys dead"! The one said they could "fan the trigger" and not even hold the trigger back!
I finally got so irritated with the total lack of expertise about a modern reproduction SAA that I had to turn the channel before it made my head explode!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Seems simple to me, have a expert examine the gun and if it`s working correctly the gun couldn`t go off unless the trigger is pulled.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

the prosecutor should take the firearm in question, cock it, put it on a table, and tell everyone in the courtroom "we're not leaving till this gun goes off ".
Rumble.com/ hickock45
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The common sense question would be to the "Armorer" is when was the firearm last inspected ???. do You have a log book about the condition of "YOUR FIREARMS". has it been dry fired 50,000 times? when was it last cleaned? Any weapon that could chamber and fire a live round should certainly be maintained to a reasonable degree...... :? I don't care if it's a Colt , Uberti, or a Rossi, or a Baikal from Russia .
It really doesn't matter as there is NO REASON to have any live ROUNDS on a MOVIE SET. AND Baldwin is one of the producers.......... Dumb and Dumber every Day. YOU CANT TEACH IT. :shock: :o :( .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Sarge..this is the Colt "slip gun" that Taffin wrote about and Elmer Keith tested in 1928.....it operates no different than a regular single action except the hammer spur is welded to a lower point so it's easier to get your thumb on. Your trigger finger will naturally go into the trigger guard then you just thump it back and let it "slip". That's what Alec Baldwin did but it will probably will never get into print unless someone who knows what they are talking about is there.

Some guys tied the trigger back and some eliminated the notch altogether.....this one was done by Harold Croft.---006
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

vancelw wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:45 am Baldwin is trying to blame the armorer or the gun.
The media is trying to blame the gun or Starline, claiming that Starline made the blanks and the live ammo.
Starline makes the 5 in Blank cartridges that are used in film.
I don't know if they make loaded ones, but I had about 50 unloaded and unfired Starline blanks. I gave them to a friend. I kept several just to have on hand.

EDIT: Starline 5 in 1 Blanks .. note extra large flash hole
IMG_2867.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

The FBI has the gun and is investigating how it went off and will be reporting back soon. Baldwin either had some inside information to say what he said, or, he is trying to control the narrative before it comes out publicly which sometimes works, for a time. Everything he says and does now can and will be used against him in court if he is charged.

Currently the DA of Sante Fe said the following:

"But Carmack-Altwies says no one who handled guns on the movie set has been cleared of criminal culpability."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/s ... ulpability

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

JimT wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:25 pm
vancelw wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:45 am Baldwin is trying to blame the armorer or the gun.
Starline makes the 5 in Blank cartridges that are used in film.
I don't know if they make loaded ones, but I had about 50 unloaded and unfired Starline blanks. I gave them to a friend. I kept several just to have on hand.

EDIT: Starline 5 in 1 Blanks .. note extra large flash hole

IMG_2867.JPG
Does Starline actually make the 5-in-1 blanks or the brass for the blanks?
The articles I read were claiming Starline made their dummy rounds as well.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Thanks for the details on the Croft revolver, Sixgun.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

marlinman93 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 am. . . I finally got so irritated with the total lack of expertise about a modern reproduction SAA that I had to turn the channel before it made my head explode!
This is the society we have become. People watch that kind of thing and actually believe the "experts" have something to say worth listening to.

Of course I see the same thing happening in the medical arena on an ongoing basis, especially now with covid.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

vancelw wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:31 pm Does Starline actually make the 5-in-1 blanks or the brass for the blanks?
The articles I read were claiming Starline made their dummy rounds as well.
I don't know if they make the blanks or just the brass. I can see where they could make "dummy" rounds but I don't know if they do nor not.
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

When I was a police officer I had the unfortunate task of working numerous negligent discharged firearms incidents several of which resulted in someone losing their life. One of the most common statements from the shooter's was "I didn't know it was loaded" and "I didn't pull the trigger it just went off".

Since I was also one of the armorers and firearms instructors you would be surprised how careless and complacent some of my fellow officers were with firearms. Those of us who had handled them since childhood were well aware of the basic safety principles those like Baldwin were outright dangerous. There were several negligent discharges at the PD and more that I sure went unreported I wonder how many there have been on movie sets that went unreported.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Safety ends with the person handling the firearm. Anything that happen afterwards is the person who is handling the firearm's responsibility!
I have had a negative opinion of baldwin for a long time. With that in mind, his statement makes me angry and shows me just how shallow of a person he is.
JMHO
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Looks like Baldwin, yesterday, got violently angry and charged at a reporter putting a little wind in his face. This speaks to this psycho's unstable behavior.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Blaine wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm Looks like Baldwin, yesterday, got violently angry and charged at a reporter putting a little wind in his face. This speaks to this psycho's unstable behavior.
He's done that repeatedly over the years. Sooner or later, he'll do that to a guy that doesn't care who he is and give him the proper beating he should have gotten years ago. Like most bullies, they get real quiet after they lose a couple of teeth. :wink:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"