Baldwin: " . . . I didn't pull the trigger."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Baldwin: " . . . I didn't pull the trigger."

Post by Ray Newman »

" Sooner or later, he'll do that to a guy that doesn't care who he is and give him the proper beating he should have gotten years ago. Like most bullies, they get real quiet after they lose a couple of teeth."

--2ndovc

Tha is why Baldwin doesn't go anywhere alone. As been reported by various news sources over the years, more of than not, he has a bodyguard.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

2ndovc wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:49 pm
Blaine wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm Looks like Baldwin, yesterday, got violently angry and charged at a reporter putting a little wind in his face. This speaks to this psycho's unstable behavior.
He's done that repeatedly over the years. Sooner or later, he'll do that to a guy that doesn't care who he is and give him the proper beating he should have gotten years ago. Like most bullies, they get real quiet after they lose a couple of teeth. :wink:

jb 8)
My observations exactly.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

John Schneider's technical vocabulary is terrible (and I did call him out on this too!) but he clearly knows how to handle a sixgun and its worth a look IMHO. If the Pietta operated the same way, and the gun is in good functional condition, it could not have "gone off" without Baldwin pulling the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYvvTu-UYM

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:23 pm John Schneider's technical vocabulary is terrible (and I did call him out on this too!) but he clearly knows how to handle a sixgun and its worth a look IMHO. If the Pietta operated the same way, and the gun is in good functional condition, it could not have "gone off" without Baldwin pulling the trigger.

-Tutt
Kind of funny that he was so hesitant to dry fire the gun but he was spinning the cylinder like a little kid and also took the cylinder pin and cylinder out, which I would be much more inclined to be nervous about doing to someone else's gun without asking.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Agreed, but think he was just trying to be respectful as was revealed in the last moments of the report. -A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

CowboyTutt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:23 pm John Schneider's technical vocabulary is terrible (and I did call him out on this too!) but he clearly knows how to handle a sixgun and its worth a look IMHO. If the Pietta operated the same way, and the gun is in good functional condition, it could not have "gone off" without Baldwin pulling the trigger.

-Tutt
That was almost painful to watch. Not quite. But almost.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

JimT wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:50 pm

-Tutt
That was almost painful to watch. Not quite. But almost.
Yeah, Peggi and I both put our hands over our faces before that was done.

IMO the only gun that matters is the Pietta used in the Rust shooting and we won't know if that one functions as designed until the lab report is released.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Yep, I would agree with that statement Ray! -Tutt

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It appeared that the Colt SAA used in the video was being filmed by the owner of the Colt, so I assume the owner had discussed what he could do, or would have at least stopped him if he was doing anything he was concerned would harm the gun.
I too cringed at all the cylinder spinning during the video, but I guess the owner wasn't, or at least didn't cut the video to ask him to stop.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Some good insights here from an experienced Armorer on set and what is happening in the movie industry. -Tutt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Cdc_7M8p4

hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

i liked when the assistant director, who admits he said the gun ' was cold' but didnt check it, said that he thought the armorer had " opened the hatch and rotated the drum " to make sure the gun was empty.

and now i know i have been using the wrong terminology all these years !!
cable
Roknstevo
Levergunner

Post by Roknstevo »

Bronco wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:52 am Safety ends with the person handling the firearm. Anything that happen afterwards is the person who is handling the firearm's responsibility!
I have had a negative opinion of baldwin for a long time. With that in mind, his statement makes me angry and shows me just how shallow of a person he is.
JMHO
100% agree.....