Another Youtube gem by Cap and Ball

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Another Youtube gem by Cap and Ball

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Balász just put this up a couple of days ago. Excellent summation of the sport and science of long-range muzzleloader shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grjIA8EqGlM
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Another Youtube gem by Cap and Ball

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for reminding me Bill, I was going to watch it yesterday but forgot. His videos are always worth watching.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Ok, now I'm fascinated with the tools he using. I didn't completely understand what he was saying, but the square orange thing seems to be a chronograph. Not sure about the other. Would love to learn more about them. I'll have to check his pages and see if there's a reference there to those tools.

Ah ... found it. LabRadar, available from Brownells. Man, how nice would it be to get rid of having to position the chronograph out in front of the firing line and worry about getting it lined up, etc.
Last edited by Rimfire McNutjob on Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I love his videos! :D
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

If others here are interested in long-range shooting with iron-sighted black powder rifles, look for Rick Weber's Creedmoor 150 (1874-2024) Facebook page, and David Minshall's ResearchPress.com site. Rick is organizing a 150th anniversary Creedmoor match pitting breechloaders against muzzleloaders out to 1,000 yards at the range at Oak Ridge, Tenn.