You boys in Oklahoma who are looking for shooting supplies

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

You boys in Oklahoma who are looking for shooting supplies

Post by JimT »

If you are near Tulsa, Jerry's Shooting Supply, 9435 East 51st St. , Suite "E" has a pretty decent supply of powder, bullets, brass ... selling primers with a purchase but only 100 to a customer .. $8.00 per hundred.
My son-in-law stopped in on his way through and picked up several pounds of 3031 and 2400 plus a few hundred cast and jacketed bullets. Powder is going for between $35 and $40 a pound for one pound cans.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: You boys in Oklahoma who are looking for shooting supplies

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wish I were closer!
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

JimT wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 am If you are near Tulsa, Jerry's Shooting Supply, 9435 East 51st St. , Suite "E" has a pretty decent supply of powder, bullets, brass ... selling primers with a purchase but only 100 to a customer .. $8.00 per hundred.
My son-in-law stopped in on his way through and picked up several pounds of 3031 and 2400 plus a few hundred cast and jacketed bullets. Powder is going for between $35 and $40 a pound for one pound cans.
can you make homemade gunpowder that is dependable?
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

If I could make as good a gunpowder as what I can buy I would never buy any.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I made black powder when I was a teenager, but mostly used it to blow small things up, and never loaded it into a cartridge. Presumably it's not that difficult, and our ancestors did it with far less technology than we have available now. One of the things that made me purchase a 500 Smith & Wesson levergun was the concept that I could use 50 caliber sabots in the cartridges, and shoot almost any projectile, with almost any powder, since it was a straight walled cartridge that could function with almost any pressure from mild to wild. Primers would really be the only crucial and hard to make component.

Probably a more practical firearm for day-to-day hunting and even home protection and some circumstances would simply be a big bore air rifle, where all you need is a projectile. I would think that a 50 caliber air rifle or 45 caliber air rifle with appropriate sabots would mean you could basically shoot pea gravel if necessary with nothing other than compressed air for power.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

In regard to shootable black powder, this gentleman has a series of very good Youtubes on how to make it, safely. The most important ingredient by far is the charcoal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l4fopab_OM