Rittenhouse Trial

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Rittenhouse Trial

Post by CowboyTutt »

"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rittenhouse Trial

Post by Tycer »

This may be the most important 2A case in our lifetime.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

It sure looks like the State indicted him, not because they thought that he was guilty, but to quell the riots.

This is not the way to go. I hope he is fully aquitted.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thank you Scott. I think based upon this most recent testimony, that he will be fully acquitted. I hope so.

-A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've been reading that there may be some firearms-related charges he has to answer to, but I can't imagine what those might be.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Blaine wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:26 pm I've been reading that there may be some firearms-related charges he has to answer to, but I can't imagine what those might be.
Underage possession of a rifle.
There’s also the charge of reckless endangerment for firing towards a bystander (while shooting the first guy)
Kind regards,
Tycer
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

He's going to have to serve some time for illegal firearms possession at his age, that much I think is clear. I think he will be exonerated in the other charges. Far, far better than a life sentence.

-Tutt

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Illegal firearm possession? Then why didn't the cops at the scene arrest him?

Interesting that they would have a state law that clearly violates the Second Amendment......oh wait.....
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Even CNBC can't cover up the facts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hu ... s-n1280950

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

CowboyTutt wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:09 pm He's going to have to serve some time for illegal firearms possession at his age, that much I think is clear. I think he will be exonerated in the other charges. Far, far better than a life sentence.

-Tutt
Pretty sure it’s a misdemeanor. Time served. Sympathetic judge.
Kind regards,
Tycer
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I would sure hope so Tycer! I would sure hope so! -Tutt

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I haven't kept on it through all the testimony as the prosecutor was putting me to sleep with his questioning of witnesses. At times I wondered where he was going with questions as it often seemed to be as if he was the defense attorney, and not the prosecutor. My wife even asked if it was Kyle's attorney, because he seemed to be justifying the case for Kyle with his questions and the answers?
It's been on Court TV every day, and frankly a little boring. Wasn't able to watch his defense begin their questioning today, so not sure how that went?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

From what I read, the prosecuter's star witness - the person Kyle shot who lived - essentially established the fact that Kyle acting in self defense and only shot him AFTER he pointed a gun at Kyle.

Hopefully that sticks with the jury. If it does, the case is done. :D
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:01 pm I haven't kept on it through all the testimony as the prosecutor was putting me to sleep with his questioning of witnesses. At times I wondered where he was going with questions as it often seemed to be as if he was the defense attorney, and not the prosecutor. My wife even asked if it was Kyle's attorney, because he seemed to be justifying the case for Kyle with his questions and the answers?
It's been on Court TV every day, and frankly a little boring. Wasn't able to watch his defense begin their questioning today, so not sure how that went?
This guy does good synopsis
https://youtube.com/c/Lawofselfdefense
Kind regards,
Tycer
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I think that Rittenhouse's emotional courtroom testimony is powerful.

On another note: These sons of bitches who are trying to intimidate the jury by videorecording them are worse than pond scum.

Edited to say....After listening to the Court chastizing the prosecutor today for clearly violating the prohibition against trying to use Rittenhouse's post arrest silence against him, I think that this judge could well direct a verdict for the defendant.

I know that does not happen often, but I have seen it happen.

Otherwise, this behavior should result in a mistrial and may lead to an overturning of any conviction.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

The first statement in this article tells it all... It says:
"The corporate press really want a guilty verdict in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse..."

It then goes on to describe some fact twisting and the burying of key facts at the end of some other media articles.

To see the entire article about this, click here for the link .

The last statement is crucial too, saying:
"It's almost as if corporate media are priming audiences to riot, should the jury acquit the defendant."

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

The judge seems like he has had just about enough of the shenanigans by the Persecutors
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old No7 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:03 pm The first statement in this article tells it all... It says:
"The corporate press really want a guilty verdict in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse..."
. . . . . .
The last statement is crucial too, saying:
"It's almost as if corporate media are priming audiences to riot, should the jury acquit the defendant."
Yep.

Media = Democrats, & Modern Democrats just LOVE division, hate, and violence.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I've been in dozens of trials over 30 years. I almost think this DA is intentionally bombing and hoping for a mistrial. I've never seen that level of incompetence from a DA's office. Even brand new butt't DA's are better than this clown. I find it hard to believe he can be that stupid. Rittenhouse should send him a thank you card after he's found not guilty!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Talk about censorship!!! I tried to abbreviate assistant DA and it was corrected to butt't! 🥴
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

wvfarrier wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:22 pm ...shenanigans by the Persecutors
Yep, I think you used the correct noun at the end of that sentence.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

First off, I don't think it was necessary for Rittenhouse to even testify after the incredibly disastrous testimony of the prosecutor's witnesses. That being said, most defendant lawyers want their subjects to testify to explain their mind set when in trials based upon "self defense". Some say they do this 100% of the time. I would say, be prepared, but wait it out and see what happens. In this case, I don't think it was necessary for Rittenhouse to testify, but they did, and they made him eligible for cross-examination.

At first Kyle did not do so well and it seemed he was falling into the devious traps laid by the prosecutor, but he eventually got better and said some strong words as he should have such as, and I'm paraphrasing here as the original links have disappeared at Fox News, "he was going to grab my gun, kill me with it, and then maybe kills others too".

That is a rough approximation of what he said since I can't find the quotes I wanted to find.

-Tutt

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

A lot of analysis today seems to indicate that the prosecutor is trying to get a mistrial so he can have a do over.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

jkbrea wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:56 pm I've been in dozens of trials over 30 years. I almost think this DA is intentionally bombing and hoping for a mistrial. I've never seen that level of incompetence from a DA's office. Even brand new butt't DA's are better than this clown. I find it hard to believe he can be that stupid. Rittenhouse should send him a thank you card after he's found not guilty!
Yeah, my Associates who try traffic tickets would not make some of the mistakes I have seen in this trial.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I think the prosecution was not deliberately trying for a mistrial, just they pushed things too far after watching a lot of it real time. I thought the defense team did an excellent job of presenting their case, although it was really risky to let Rittenhouse testify. According to some lawyers, when arguing SD, they ALWAYS put their defendants on the stand to understand their mindset at the time, so in that sense, this strategy was not that unusual. What the defense did today was remarkable, because they used a 3rd party witness (Drew Hernandez) to document the situation at the time and the actions of Rosenbaum at the time to demonstrate his ill will without resorting to character assassination, which you would think would be relevant background for ALL the people that Mr. Rittenhouse shot or killed, but is often not included in modern court hearings I think. It was really good defensive work. -Tutt
Last edited by CowboyTutt on Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

I think if the judge declares a mistrial with prejudice, things will be over and they cannot try him again on the original charges
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Looks like all big city police departments are making plans for the next few days. Chicago is cancelling days off because of a manpower issue.

I think it is because they feel that this thing will be over with today or on Monday and they anticipate rioting.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I also wondered about having Kyle testify, but I think his defense team was smart to do so right out of the gate, as that gives some time after his testimony for the jury to hear all the other defense testimony, instead of it being the last thing they heard before the closing arguments. If anything might go astray in cross examination by the prosecutor, it would not be taken the same as if it had been at the end of the trial.
I hope the jury finds him innocent on all charges, but I can't see him dodging the minor in possession of a firearm thing. And there's no way this is the end of him being in court either. The families of those shot will sue him civilly and there's much wider leeway in a civil suit, so he could end up with a debt he'll never pay off in his lifetime.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Maybe.

I think he is going to be aquitted of the firearms charge as well. The Judge apparently ruled today on jury instructions as proposed by the Defense on this issue. Basically that the law does not apply to 16 and 17 year olds.

I hope we see a clear not guilty verdict across the board.

But don't worry about a potential civil judgment that he will never be able to pay. Two things mitigate against that.
1. He has nothing. Somebody is going to have to pony up money to fund a suit against him as there is little chance of any recovery.
2. Bankruptcy will discharge the debt if he is found to be liable.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Think about this as well. No matter how the court case goes, this kids life is ruined. It will be YEARS before any company would hire him for even the most menial job. There will be far too much negative publicity associated with him
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

wvfarrier wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:41 pm Think about this as well. No matter how the court case goes, this kids life is ruined. It will be YEARS before any company would hire him for even the most menial job. There will be far too much negative publicity associated with him
You know, people said the same thing about me. It did not work out that way.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:39 pm
wvfarrier wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:41 pm Think about this as well. No matter how the court case goes, this kids life is ruined. It will be YEARS before any company would hire him for even the most menial job. There will be far too much negative publicity associated with him
A whole bunch of us never thought that. :idea:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I dunno what you mean but Im glad it worked out for you
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

The underage charge does not apply to him.
https://youtu.be/iyEi7Xm7pi8
Kind regards,
Tycer
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

[quote=Blaine post_id=926959 time=1636761314 user_id=

A whole bunch of us never thought that. :idea:
[/quote]

That’s why I feel so blessed. Some people never gave up on me and never let me give up either.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I'm not sure, does anybody here know what caliber was used on Rosenbaum's back wound which bullet was found near his liver? Might have been 35 caliber, if so, Rittenhouse did NOT cause that wound, which was the one that caused death! Don't think the ME stated what caliber was used for his scalp wound.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Looks like the Judge dismissed the weapons charge....
https://notthebee.com/article/the-judge ... gun-charge

BTW, NOT The Bee is a dead serious page, unlike the Babylonian Bee which is all humor and sarcasm.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Never mind, watching closing statements. One round went in the shoulder into the lower abdomen!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Exactly!

There are plenty of circles out there that this kid will be a hero of sorts.

Scott, you know far better than most, this is a country where just about anyone can start over.

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

If he's acquitted (and I dearly hope so) he can sue the liberal media outlets ala "Sandmann" style, including Joe Biden I hope! And probably never need to work a day in his life. That being said, if he's still a free man, he will be living with a target on his back his whole life as well. -Tutt

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2 ... 501639002/

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Right now folks are histerical, some on both sides. They don't give a stuff about Rittenhouse, it is what he represents.

10 years from now, nobody will care.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Screenshot (9067).png
Screenshot (9070).png
Screenshot (9065).png

............ EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY. DON'T IT?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:20 pm Right now folks are histerical, some on both sides. They don't give a stuff about Rittenhouse, it is what he represents.

10 years from now, nobody will care.
Actuarially speaking :lol: I'm not betting on ten more years. I prefer to get my hysterics out now while everybody can enjoy them.... :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Rumor is that two jurors are holding up the verdict. They are fearing backlash and that the media will leak their names putting them and their families in danger.

The Judge just shut this down for the night based on the Jury's request.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:09 pm Rumor is that two jurors are holding up the verdict. They are fearing backlash and that the media will leak their names putting them and their families in danger.

The Judge just shut this down for the night based on the Jury's request.
I wonder if those two were for or against Kyle?
Jury intimidation is at an all time high for this trial. The BLM/ANTIFA could be heard inside the courtroom, or, so I read.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Rumor is that two jurors are holding up the verdict. They are fearing backlash and that the media will leak their names putting them and their families in danger.
Scott, I heard much the same thing. In a perfect world, if that is what is concerning them, they should be removed and replaced by alternates since it speaks to their inability to just follow the facts as they see them, and not respond to outside pressure. If its a hung jury, then I hope they declare it a mistrial with prejudice so the State cannot try him again. -Tutt

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:19 pm
Scott, I heard much the same thing. In a perfect world, if that is what is concerning them, they should be removed and replaced by alternates since it speaks to their inability to just follow the facts as they see them, and not respond to outside pressure. If its a hung jury, then I hope they declare it a mistrial with prejudice so the State cannot try him again. -Tutt
Couldn't agree more! If there are jurors who agreed to sit on this trial, and now are basing their ruling on what the public reaction could be, then they have no business ever being on any jury. I find it very disturbing that any juror would allow public prejudice either way affect their vote.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:26 am. . . . . I find it very disturbing that any juror would allow public prejudice either way affect their vote.
True, but remember - they may well be getting very specific threats; stuff like "...we know where your niece lives and works, it would be a shame if she were killed by a drive-by shooter..." I've had patients in that situation, and unless you're Mel Gibson and in a movie, a threat like that is likely to change your behavior.

If the government weren't so busy hunting down libertarians and constitutionalists, maybe they'd find and deal with those who threaten jurists. :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

HERE YA GO . . .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.