The Mechanic’s League

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

The Mechanic’s League

Post by Old Savage »

OK, for those who understand something. Worker bee guy dunked the tractor with the leaf blower in the lake. It sat there for 24 hrs before the tow truck pulled it out.

What needs to be done?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Mechanic’s League

Post by Grizz »

was it running when it went in? is it gas or diesel?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yes, gas.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Drain oil/water and fill with fresh oil and a new filter. Pull plugs and turn over engine to get rid of water. Fill cylinders with 0-20 synthetic oil and let sit overnight. Change oil and filter again. Turn over engine to blow out the lightweight oil. Might be OK after that, but might not. 24 hours in dirty water is not good. Might have fine particulate material in the bearings. Would be best to disassemble the engine and clean O/H it. I suspect if it was running, you have a number of bent parts in that engine and a possible damaged crankshaft
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They have it down to the block.

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

First, weld on some fins and gills to the lawn implement, give the worker bee some flippers and a snorkel, have him try another run at higher rpms. Are you going for distance or depth?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The problem is the leaf blower is on the back and it likely won’t work from the lake.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Who cares? It ain't mine.
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

This April My 30 year old neighbor (Tyler) asked Me about the same thing. His co-worker was driving His Kubota around the pond, got too close to the bank and slid right off submerging the whole thing. He got a couple of four wheel drive trucks and pulled it out. like an idiot He tried to start it. He finally did get it running but it was smoking like crazy. the Guy said He's not screwing around with it and went and bought a new one. He told Tyler He could have it for $500.00 . He asked Me if He should roll the dice and take a chance. He got it.
Once home in His driveway He and My Boy had at it and pulled the cylinder head off . plain to see the middle piston wasn't coming all the way to the top so they dropped the oil pan , unbolted the connecting rod and it had a nice bend in it. when the Guy tried to start it there was water in that cylinder.
Tyler ordered a new connecting rod , gaskets and changed the fluids. that Kubota runs like a top and came with a 6' belly mower .He cuts His grass in about a half hour. Tyler is a smart motivated Young Man.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:14 pmYes, gas.
I believe you are too quick to claim gas/diesel tractor for a city boy.....I have not seen a tractor of that size using gas in a long time and beings that's a golf course of California standards (hifalutin) I find it hard to believe the golf course would use an old piece of junk gasser.

Either way as my statement is immaterial to the needs of your question and that you people out there have lots of money so I sense a new one coming their way via insurance claims that we all get to help pay for. If so, tell them a redneck country boy recommends a Kubota Diesel......and try using real documented American citizens to drive such expensive machinery as the undocumented ones are still learning to use a hand operated sickle.

Was this too vitriol? I'm trying Fred.---peacefully yours, -006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I will check on that. But it was a regular old guy white guy. Said he did not know what happened. Popped the clutch and into the lake it went. All the equipment here is old. Seun from South Africa is likely tearing it down.

Got my eyes peeled for those evil, sneaky elitists. I suppose you never know where they might be. Thanks for the heads up on that. ;-)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, new info for you guys in the technical know. Diesel, gas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

It looks like a typical 3 cylinder diesel set up . after getting all the water out.... if there is no damage done to the engine, drain all fluids, change oil and filter twice. My neighbor ran His Kubota that was in the lake all day today..........................Life is Good for Him, He has a Kubota tractor for under $900.00... :shock:
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

I made it clear to my helper to stay away from fences, ditches, stock tank, creek, etc. He is a very experienced tractor operator and no problems so far.
I use my riding mower to mow near fences an d other things that are risky for tractors with a bush hog.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, not an uncommon issue. Seun the South African guy raced for years there. These guys love a problem.

Thinking Seun, think Crocodile Dundee, approaching 80, tough as nails, great guy!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This is what scares the hell out of me is that Californians claim they will lead the nation and we "little people" are supposed to follow. after all, "they " know better, being all edumacated and all.----006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Let’s get back on track here … diesel, yes/no? We need the cottonwood leaves off the course. Never mind your wild imaginings. My golf monthly is the issue.

Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Definitely Diesel. Looks like a 3 cyl Yanmar Diesel. Great engines, have one in my JD950
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Sixgun "and" Jay Bird - poke the bear long enough and things happen. No, I'm talking about the other bear.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com