Swiss 1 1/2 at BACO

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Swiss 1 1/2 at BACO

Post by marlinman93 »

Just a heads up to anyone needing BP in 1 1/2 fg. Buffalo Arms sent me an update yesterday that they have Swiss 1 1/2 fg in stock now! I ordered up for some stock here.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Re: Swiss 1 1/2 at BACO

Post by Leverluver »

I called and they said it was a glitch that sent out the notifications. They were working on their computer and it sent out false data. They don't have powder yet but should soon so get on their list.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Leverluver wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:15 pm I called and they said it was a glitch that sent out the notifications. They were working on their computer and it sent out false data. They don't have powder yet but should soon so get on their list.
My 10 lbs. shows a tracking number, and shipped this morning. So not sure what that info is you got?

Edit-I just called BACO to figure out what's going on. He said I was on their "contact me list" if any came in, and they found some they had that didn't show in their inventory, so they sent me the notice I could order it. So once I ordered the 10 lbs. they were out of stock again, and their inventory is corrected now.
Sorry for posting this, as I assumed they'd gotten the "big shipment" they told me was coming in two weeks, a month ago. He did tell me it's definitely coming in this month, so I'd put myself on the "notify me list" if you want to get it before everyone else. Seems to work for me.
Last edited by marlinman93 on Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I'm with you. Confused the heck out of me too but that's what they said. I tried an order on line and it wouldn't go so I called and that is what I was told. In fact the website still says they have it in stock.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

I have a good reserve but it's nice to know some is making its way here.

Eric
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

yooper2 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:12 pm I have a good reserve but it's nice to know some is making its way here.

Eric
Me too, but with Goex shutting down, I'd like to lay in more.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Fully understand the sentiment. I generally use goex more in muzzleloaders and cap and ball sixguns, saving the Swiss for BPCR due to the lot to lot consistency. I have some Kik that seems ok and may take over the role of goex for my purposes (always assuming it remains available).

Eric
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

How much was it a pound? Is there HazMat shipping with BP?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Catshooter wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:10 pm How much was it a pound? Is there HazMat shipping with BP?
Yes, there's a hazmat fee with all powder, smokeless or BP. Shipping and hazmat was $48 for my order. The price is $27.90 a lb. with a discount on 10 lbs. or more. I ordered 10 lbs. to get the discount, and since hazmat is the same on one lb. or 25 lbs., it spreads it out over the total cost better.

A friend ordered this same Swiss 1 1/2 yesterday, and when he put in 10 lbs. it came out as only 3 lbs., so he got the last 3 lbs. They tell me the new shipment will be in this month, so best to put your name on the "notify me" list if you need any.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Thanks for the info marlinman.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My 10 lb. order done Tue. arrived yesterday morning! Amazingly fast delivery by BACO! I finished up my assembly of my .44-77 loads, so will be testing my BP loads against my 4198 loads whenever the rains let up here. Want to see if the two similar velocities, and identical bullet weights will result in a winner for accuracy.