It happens...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

It happens...

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I sat with one of my close friends this morning to hear of a recent incident.

Late night his daughter told him that it was her turn to bring juice and snacks to the soccor match on Saturday morning.

Wal Mart closes at 11 and he got there at 10:52 so he was able to carry out his mission. (Good dad)

When he got back in the truck, he heard a scream. He looked around and noticed a man in the next parking lot (a Target store) who was beating the hell out of a woman as she lay on the pavement.

My friend drove up real fast in his truck and bails out with his pistol. He orders the man off and gets him sorted out belly down on the pavement. Then he checks the woman. Her face is bashed in and it looks like a cheekbone is broken and sunk in. She is foaming at the mouth with a mixture of blood and she is choking on it. He rolls her over and she finally expells enough to take a big breath. All the while, the scumbag is looking for a way to escape and my friend keeps telling him that if he tries it he is going to get shot.

Several folks were watching from the Target and fortunately one of them had called the police. But nobody came to her aid.

The officers get there and sort things out. My friend likely saved this woman's life and the officers were quite supportive (as we expect here in Texas). He did the right thing in my mind. I wonder if those people who were watching this could sleep peacefully ever again if this man had beaten that woman to death and they watched and did nothing?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: It happens...

Post by AJMD429 »

Most of em were too busy videoing the even to intervene, most likely... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good job there was a real man there.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Most people today are too self absorbed to get involved in anything other than taking pictures of it. I am with GK ... it's good that a real man was there to help.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

In a moral society, cops are second responders.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Sounds like he was on the way to killing her- probably a dopehead. Im reminded of a fellow i knew from highschool , he had started slapping his live in girlfriend around one night while drunk, 2 nights later her Daddy and a couple brothers catch the slapper in the bathtub, where they introduced him to mister tire iron, requiring a few days rest at the hospital, there were no charges that I recall. Any fool that mistreats a women deserves to reap what he sows. Such violence always seem to have drugs/alcohol at the root.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

To be fair, he said that she appeared to be on something as well. I don't know what started it. But these things, once started, need to be stopped as soon as possible. Before somebody gets badly hurt.

The human body, particularly a frail man or a normal size woman, doesn't take a real beating well. We aren't designed to take that kind of punshment.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Glad he got it stopped in time. I've no patience for that kind of behavior either. What's worse is that some women not only put up with it but will attack anyone trying to interfere and protect them from it. Sometimes they learn. A young woman, daughter of one of the church members here, came home to her folks recently. The progenitor of her son apparently has been using her for a punching bag and she finally woke up and left him. We definitely live in a broken society.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

765x53 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:42 pm In a moral society, cops are second responders.
Well said!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The only IA complaint I ever had stemmed from a domestic disturbance call. Unfounded. Sometimes when the police are needed in seconds, they're minutes away. A good citizen is then needed. Glad to hear one was nearby!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Just saw this Scott, and not sure how I missed it before? I am probably more irritated by people who can somehow standby while another human being is being harmed, than I am by almost anything! I understand that not everyone is going to run towards trouble, but there are things even women, or smaller men can do in these situations, other than standby and watch!
It's easy to scream at the attacker to leave her alone, and tell him you're calling the police. Or get store security inside to call the police. At least call the police yourself, and yell to the attacker that you are calling the police.
I've had several instances where I saw thieves trying to run from a store, and helped stop them from getting away. I had an instance just last year where I was at Harbor Freight when I saw a guy headed to the door with a small generator in his arms. The female manager saw him at the same time, and took off after him. I was afraid she'd catch him, and get hurt, so I followed them outside. We both caught him as his getaway driver pulled up. He tried to jump in, but we got ahold of him and the generator, and the driver took off leaving him! He got loose and ran off, but nobody was hurt, and he didn't get the generator.
I happened to have my carry gun, but didn't see a justifiable reason to pull it; so I kept it holstered. I wish more people would go to help their fellow humans when they hear their cries.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/