G'day from Sydney

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swagman
Levergunner 1.0

G'day from Sydney

Post by Swagman »

A big hello from Sydney, I have just joined this fine forum and I thought that I should introduce myself. I have been shooting for over 40 years now, started off with Military Rifles and then caught the black powder bug and have been a flintlock shooter ever since. My other love is lever guns which I only load with black powder and cast bullets, I have three at the moment, a Navy Arms M1873 carbine in 44/40, a Rossi R92 (with the 24" octagonal barrel) in 44/40 and my newest toy is a Marlin M1895 Cowboy in 45/70.

Down here in NSW we have only just come out of Covid lockdown so I have not been able to fire my Marlin yet, 14 of Nov. we can finally get to our first monthly club shoot since the end of June. Still, I have had plenty of time to cast up two different bullets to try out in the Marlin so will enjoy making some smoke very soon. I will try and attach a photo of my reloading efforts.

Cheers
Swagman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by gamekeeper »

G'day and welcome to the fire, sorry I'm a Pom but there are a few from down under here but the rest of the guys here are a great bunch but terrible enablers so watch your wallet.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Swagman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Swagman »

Thanks very much Gamekeeper, don't worry, 184 years ago my family were Poms as well! I even have a good friend who lives in the north of England. I shall watch my wallet.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Welcome Swagman, glad to have you here. I must confess stupidity and ask what is a "Pom" ?
Regards, Vic
Swagman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Swagman »

Thanks TraderVic, Pom or Pommy is Australian slang for someone from England. It dates back to at least the 1840's and I have heard one explanation being it comes from the term "Prisoner of her Majesty", but there is a lot of argument about it's origins.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome aboard! I'll second GK's assessment - a wonderful bunch of enablers we be! :wink:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Welcome to the fire! This is a good place to spend time. Lots of knowledge here.

I possess none of it, however. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Well guys, what do you think, should he just go ahead and get a 35 Remington chambered Marlin 336 now, or do you think you should go for a 32-20...?

:mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Swagman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Swagman »

Thanks guys, happy to be here!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

We are happy to welcome you here.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Welcome!
If you were from hollyweird you'd be called a Pom-Pom , ya know land of fruits & nuts! :lol:

Hey Doc, you always have a good idea, I think he should get both!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!