Radios to have

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Radios to have

Post by AJMD429 »

Interesting short presentation

https://youtu.be/CiSvfZ9xj44
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Radios to have

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Doc, haven't got in short wave or CB's, but I always have a Sangean SR35 or a Sony ICF-P26 AA radio with.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

the proverbial wet blanket . . . Read up on NEMP attacks. I have all of those radios and more. I have radios that can broadcast around the world using morse code or ssb phone, and others. BUT, all equipment built with computer chips of any kind are super vulnerable to EMP, which can be caused by nukes, or the sun! that's right, Ol' Sol is sitting up there fixing to eradicate the entire world infrastructure, and china is actively working on protecting themselves from EMP, while planning a NEMP attack on America. If EMP happens, no power grid, no t.v., no radio broadcasts, no cars, except for the coolest magneto ignition ones, etc. instant dark age. this includes all of my electronics on my boat. which is why I carry a sextant on board, along with instructions. and a magnifying glass.

There are ways to protect radios with chips in them, if they are housed in a faraday cage. a galvanized garbage can with a thick layer of aluminum or stainless steel duct tape to seal them up, might make the cb radio viable after the pulse, but who would we talk to?

I have an old all-tube all-band receiver made with discreet components that should work just fine after the sun has his way with us. but how are we gonna talk? time to learn how to make a vacuum tube transmitter that can send morse code on the HF bands. and don't worry about licensing, all the records will be gone, and ANY KIND OF RADIO (or tv) TRANSMISSION IS LEGAL IN AN EMERGENCY.

this is another stress raiser, but it's a real reality check, because the cheapest way for anyone to take down the modern world is with a single high altitude nuke. because our power grid is defenseless. and our military is unprepared.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11927075/ ... -doomsday/

but be of good cheer, because . . .
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

For those that like to read, you might consider One Second After by William R. Forstchen.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I recommend a good Bible with large print.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 pm I recommend a good Bible with large print.
I thought everyone who was serious about preparing for the future had one! :o
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:49 pm
Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 pm I recommend a good Bible with large print.
I thought everyone who was serious about preparing for the future had one! :o
thus the recommendation to remember a magnifying glass †