First Ruglin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

First Ruglin

Post by AmBraCol »

That's a lot of people to produce one rifle... :lol: The rumor is that more are on the way.
The moment you've been waiting for is finally here... We are proud to share with you the very first production-built Marlin Model 1895™! Congratulations to the entire Marlin team in our Mayodan, NC facility on this major milestone. Stay tuned for the official release of these production rifles later this year!
first_ruglin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Ysabel Kid

Re: First Ruglin

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hopefully a focus on leverguns for the future! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just figure a better way to mount the forends...!

(So they are easy to quickly take off to clean rain and mud off of a heavily used hunting gun, and you can actually get them back on quickly without spending 10 minutes trying to align the screw holes and not strip the screws; maybe put a discreet channel or notch of some sort for a quick detach light or laser for those of us on farms who grab the levergun to go see what a midnight ruckus is all about, too...)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t have mounting and dismounting issues with forearms. Then again I don’t need special tools, modifications or introduction of new and improved models to reassemble Ruger .22 autos.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I think the forearm retaining method used for over 125 years works pretty darn good myself. But maybe they could go to the 1881 forearm mount that used a single screw crossways through the forearm cap, and the cap tapped on the off side to retain it. Only issue is if some dork tightens the screw too much, it might cost them a new forearm cap instead of just the boss inside that screws thread into.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, I was pleased to see that Facebook prompt, too. I confess I am not a fan of stainless and laminated stocks, but they make sense for those up in the "wet country."
I hope it is not too long before Ruger offers the classic 1895 .45-70 in blue and walnut with a three-quarter magazine and an accurate 22-inch barrel.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Basically two types of gun buyers; the kind who buy their first one. Then maybe another or even two down the road.
Then there's the buyer like most of us here. Who buy them consistently year after year (or more often) throughout most of their life. Keep em, sell em, whichever, but they keep coming.

Ruger see's the unofficially dubbed "Wind River" model sold well, so they're starting with that. I figure most of the people who bought them were the first type of customer. They may find however the flavor of the month has faded out of fashion.

Meanwhile people like me have been wondering how you buy a 1894 in 357 or 41 mag for the last decade and a half or more. Though maybe they think the customers like me will always be here. Dunno.
Slow is just slow.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I hope they send it off to Boge at Gunblast to look it over! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I'll believe the Marlin(s) are in actual production when I see the "new" Marlins on my local dealer's rifle rack....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.